By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best upcoming 1st party lineup?

Which company do you believe has the bes upcoming array of first party games?

PS3 has:

Killzone 2
InFamous
Heavy Rain
The Agency
White Knight Chronicles
Gran Turismo 5
God of War 3
MAG
Eyedentify
Demon's Soul
EyePet
DC Universe Online

360 has:

Halo Wars
Lips
Halo 3: Recon
Alan Wake
Ninja Blade
Forza Motorsports 3
Ninety-Nine Nights 2
Halo: Chronicles

Wii has:

Punch-Out!
Sin & Punishment 2
Wii Sports: Resort
Endless Ocean 2
Trace Memory R

Am I missing anything? (I'm not counting most of the games announced at the Nintendo Japanese conference, since they look like Jap only games. Like I dont count Aquanauts Holiday or Afrika for the PS3)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

God of War 3
MAG

Also what is the time period?  2009?

Not 2009 only, coming up but officially announced.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

i think the ps3 2009 lineup is better than the 360 one.

edit: remove banjo from the list its already released.

Wii in both first and third party lineup. It's finally coming to fruitation. Sin and Punishment 2 alone puts the Wii above and beyond the HD consoles, and Punchout is way up on my anticipation list also.

Coming in second would be PS3 because of Heavy Rain. I personally don't believe GOW3 will come out in 2009 so I'm not counting it, but I'm anticipating that also. Killzone 2 I will want only when it does not bomb in reviews and not a moment sooner.

360 really doesn't have much first party I'm interested in for next year. Maybe Alan Wake but I need to learn more before I start giving a shit. I didn't like Max Payne at all.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

I have to say that the PS3 one looks to be the most diverse and overall better one. 360 one comes in a close second.

As for now, Wii is 3rd. Could change though in the future.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Sony by a mile, but obviously it's because I like those franchises more, otherwise I wouldn't have a PS3.

Saleswise, I think Gran Turismo could beat the entire Wii list, besides that tricky Wii Sports Resort.

Hrm.. none of those (except Heavy Rain, which I want to see in completion more than I actually want to play it) interest me all that much :S

From what I know about all of them so far (not enough about sin and punishment 2), wii sports resort is the only definite purchase for me in that list (and still would be assuming i had a 360/ps3)

Unfair for Wii considering Ninty never announces games that far in advance. Well they used to but not anymore.

But for me right now it's 360 followed by Wii and last is PS3. 360 got the Halo Wars, Alan Wake, and Halo 3: Recon. Wii has SnP 2 and Punch Out. While only think on PS3 there that interests me is MAG, or eventually to be called SOCOM something.

I think it's obvious and announced that a new Ratchet and Clank game is coming in late 2009, but seeing how Insomniac is apparently a third party dev, it's okay not to see it in the list, but it will be published by Sony, so I guess you need a little thinking on that one. :p

Oh, other games published by Sony are Fat Princess, Flower, Rag Doll Kung Fu, they are all PSN titles though.

And just to remind you, Lips will be realeased November 18, 2008, so it's better to not include this game on Xbox 360 list.