By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - It finally happened...

Sorry to hear that, man. What horrible timing though :/ Let's hope you get it back quickly.

Around the Network

I got my first RROD last friday. I was playing Gears 2 and it froze up within 5 minutes of playing it. It isn't that big of a deal so far I have already sent the system in and they should receive it today. I am the first person I know personally to get it on an Elite system. Oh well hopefully I get it replaced with a Falcon chipset.

I have been playing some stuff on the PS3, and I may even buy my first game for it. Sad considering I have owned it for over a year. (Blu-Ray player mostly)

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

It's like they say: If you love something, send it back to Microsoft. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was.

You're gonna be okay, man. You're gonna be okay.

d21lewis said:
It's like they say: If you love something, send it back to Microsoft. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was.

LOL.

*Knocking wood*

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Dude, that is damn funny! HAHA.

@op - depending on where you live in the states, I think it goes/comes quicker.  I've heard people say as long as 2 weeks, but it literally took 5 days from the time I sent mine, to the time I got mine back.  I'm in Texas though and I think the repair center is in the Rio Grande Valley.

XGamer0611 said:

I got my first RRoD. It took 21 months but it finally happend. I was playing Mega Man 9 then said let me hit Gears 2 instead of wasting my time. The minute I put in the game it freezes at the title screen. I reboot and see the dreaded three red symbols. I reboot again system comes back fine. I put another game in it freezes I reboot again RRoD.

What a time for the system to go? Holiday season right around the corner.

For your viewing pleasure: http://foxhound.metalgearsolidus.com/RRoD.avi

Woah, what's that? You deserved that RRoD!

... Okay, so maybe that's too far . On the bright side, at least you've still got the other two consoles... I agree with Acevil, rent stuff! Some great PS3 games just released, hopefully some of em catch your interest. From what others said, sounds like it won't take too long anyway.

All the games out this season on PS3 you really have to be a nut to be worried about your game situation.

Crap, that is really bad timing. I have a feeling my 4th RROD will arive soon.

Dude, 21 months later that sucks. I've had mine for 14 months and I fear it everytime I turn it on. haha.