By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Shouldn`t it be less then 2 mln. of Gears 2 on VGChartz first week?

CrazzyMan said:

Well, in Press release:

“Gears of War 2″ Sales Top 2 Million Units in its Blockbuster Opening Weekend
“Gears of War 2″ players help push the number of concurrent Xbox LIVE users to an all-time high

LONDON – 12 November 2008 - One of the biggest entertainment events of the holiday season has arrived. With weekend sales topping 2 million units worldwide, “Gears of War 2” is well on its way to becoming one of the biggest releases of this console generation.  

So, it`s Friday, +Weekend(Saturday and Sunday). While VGChartz week ends with Saturday, that means only Friday + Saturday sales or NOT???  I`m just curious.

Hardcore gamers don't wait 72 hours to buy Gears 2...

:)

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Let no hair go unsplit!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I used to get irritated by all the 360-related vitriol and hate. Now I just laugh at how stupid it has become. This is another epic fail thread among many. Gears sold well. Really well. Deal with it and move on.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

How do you guys figure this is 360 hate or some fail thread. What i got from his post, is why count early data with next weeks sales for all games but then not do the same for LBP.

CrazzyMan said:
psrock said:
why crazzy? why do this thread?

It`s just strange, that LBP sales before official release date in NA, Saturday? (Broken Street Date for LBP) considered as week ONE for LBP. While, for Gears 2 additional sales day is considered as First week.

Aaaah, that explains. Trolling Gears because he is crying about LBP.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network
craighopkins said:
matt247 said:
It says "sales top 2 million" meaning that it's over 2 million sales

^^     End of Thread/

always some babies crying about Gears sales being too much.

"Aaaah, that explains. Trolling Gears because he is crying about LBP."

he isnt crying, nor trolling, over anything. he is pointing out a valid arguement

Fail thread is made of fail.

Crazzyman is crazzy.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

This thread just gave me a headache. Thanks Crazzy.

CrazzyMan said:

Well, in Press release:

“Gears of War 2″ Sales Top 2 Million Units in its Blockbuster Opening Weekend
“Gears of War 2″ players help push the number of concurrent Xbox LIVE users to an all-time high

LONDON – 12 November 2008 - One of the biggest entertainment events of the holiday season has arrived. With weekend sales topping 2 million units worldwide, “Gears of War 2” is well on its way to becoming one of the biggest releases of this console generation.  

So, it`s Friday, +Weekend(Saturday and Sunday). While VGChartz week ends with Saturday, that means only Friday + Saturday sales or NOT???  I`m just curious.

I'd love to ask you if you want me to respond, and leave it at that, but it would be considered trolling, so I'll say this:

The 2 million announcement was vague and unsubstantiated. It's impossible to tell if they mean 2 million, 499 thousand units or 2 million and 1 units. It also states that it "topped" 2 million, which is the exact same thing VGChartz reports...

This isn't proof of anything, except the fact that you want the 360 to fail, and you are a rabbid Sony fan obsessed with sales.

Let's be real here. You shouldn't have made this thread, and we all know it. It's bull hockey.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

markers said:
craighopkins said:
matt247 said:
It says "sales top 2 million" meaning that it's over 2 million sales

^^     End of Thread/

always some babies crying about Gears sales being too much.

"Aaaah, that explains. Trolling Gears because he is crying about LBP."

he isnt crying, nor trolling, over anything. he is pointing out a valid arguement

LBP will be HUGE!!! 10 million first year!

end of 2008 hardware prediciton...

Hmmmm, that in your signature suggests a few tears of your own.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire