By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix conducts a survey about a brand new PSP game (Dragon Gears)

@Star Scream

Quoted from IGN themselves: "With the same quest and exploration issues from the first title, as well as lots of micromanagement problems and missing information, Valhalla Knights 2 almost feels like a rehash of the original title with a brand-new coat of paint. While the story could have been intriguing, and the flexibility of tweaking every aspect of a party member is rather engaging, all of the negatives, particularly the slow nature of the story development, overwhelm the title."

Link: http://psp.ign.com/articles/916/916205p1.html

The game got a "meh" which is a "5 out of 10" in IGN standards.lol

Around the Network

Thanks, xlost7. Definitely one to avoid, then.

@Star Scream

Anytime bro, you should definitely avoid.lol
Just chat with me at times if you want to know which JRPG titles to recommend to you and such :)

Thanks, will do. :)

I like the design of the character, and the game looks interesting but who is the one who picks the names? Couldn't he choose a more generic one? I mean, we have Dragon Quest, Blue Dragon, Dragon Force, Double Dragon, Dragon Ball, Dragon Age and countless others for one side, and Xenogears, Gears of War, Metal Gear, Guilty Gear for the other.
Seriously, they need to think better names

Around the Network
Star Scream said:
Thanks, xlost7. Definitely one to avoid, then.

I'd try if you have the chance. It's a big homage to older dungeon crawlers. Easy to pick up and play and co-op with my brother was fun.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

axumblade said:
I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. :P At the same time, PSP are getting more games coming out. I hope next year as a whole is good for PSP.

Same here. Sony did say that the PSP was going to have a great year in 2009.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Really smooth looking graphics, Very XP/PS2ish with some nice finsh.

Hope this gme turns out to be solid.

Lol, more support for the PSP from them :O
And still no Wii games.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

zexen_lowe said:
I like the design of the character, and the game looks interesting but who is the one who picks the names? Couldn't he choose a more generic one? I mean, we have Dragon Quest, Blue Dragon, Dragon Force, Double Dragon, Dragon Ball, Dragon Age and countless others for one side, and Xenogears, Gears of War, Metal Gear, Guilty Gear for the other.
Seriously, they need to think better names

The irony in this reply is that of those games listed, Dragon Gears is one of the few that's actually relevant to its title.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"