By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - is lbp still worth buying?

Have they taken down Super Mario Bros levels?

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

I can't believe anyone is asking this question. Yes, if you have a PS3, LBP is an absolute must buy. It's Sony dipping into a new type of gaming, and doing it very successfully.

Of course ,its the best game of the year (alongside MGS4) so go buy it .

k, thanks for the replies. i think i might pick it up tomorrow

Currently Watching - Naruto, One Piece

Waiting For - Skyrim, Mass Effect 3

PS3 Trophies

It's worth it.

Around the Network

I just played for about two hours with some dude I don't know and had a blast. Some of the levels suck, some are great, but there's still a ton there to mess around with. Definitely worth it, and the co-op is where LBP really shines.

I have the same question. I've been watching LBP and really wanted it along the way, but it doesn't sound like single player, non-online has a whole lot to it. I don't do multiplayer online and I certainly don't let my daughter play online so we stick with local stuff. Is there enough "content" that can be downloaded that I know is E for Everyone rated? I know there are a lot of folks making "strange" levels and I don't need any "holy crap, where's the remote to turn it off!" moments when playing it here at the house... It looks like it wreaks of awesomeness, but I'd need to get super-mario-galaxy like hours out of it to justify the $60... clue me in...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

kn said:
I have the same question. I've been watching LBP and really wanted it along the way, but it doesn't sound like single player, non-online has a whole lot to it. I don't do multiplayer online and I certainly don't let my daughter play online so we stick with local stuff. Is there enough "content" that can be downloaded that I know is E for Everyone rated? I know there are a lot of folks making "strange" levels and I don't need any "holy crap, where's the remote to turn it off!" moments when playing it here at the house... It looks like it wreaks of awesomeness, but I'd need to get super-mario-galaxy like hours out of it to justify the $60... clue me in...

Not any issues I've run into. I'll play with my 8 year old little brother and we have blast just doing the single player stuff. There is tons of content play through local and it takes all of five seconds to jump online.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I wouldn't bother, it never even sold a million on its first week.

NightstrikerX said:
Grahamhsu said:
NightstrikerX said:
Good platformer games are a dying breed my friend, I can think of 2 great 2d platformers this generation. New Mario Brothers and LittleBigPlanet. Would I recommend a 60 dollar purchase? Yes, Yes I would.

What about Sonic Rush ;_; or Kirby Squeak Squad.

Havn't played em, sorry!

So you really should have just said:I can only think of two other good 2d platformers... rather than saying Good platformer games are a dying breed my friend... then?