By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears 2 online problems?

anyone else getting a freaking lag fest while they are trying to play online? and I am using cable internet direct connect so its not the connection

I mean it takes forever to find a team and get connected, then its a lag fest when you get on.

its worse than smash brothers lol

Around the Network

im not having any problems

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I'm having trouble getting into games sometimes, but not much lag once I'm in. There have been a few instances, but they were heavy firefights during Horde with over 13 characters in close proximity and a Mortar going off so I let them slide.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Just a tad bit of lag here like Onyx said when there is a lot going on. Other then that it runs smooth.

yea for me it takes forevvver to get into a match but once in there is no lag

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

Around the Network

No lag problems. It does take a bit for the system to find a team, but that should get hashed out in the next few weeks.

No lag for me, either, and I've definitely noticed the Gears 1 Host Advantage has been taken care of this time around. However, there's been a few times where it's taken a good four or five minutes for me to get matched up with a team for Horde. Particularly on the first day the game came out, although I didn't have any trouble with it tonight.

LEFT 4 DEAD - November 17th

had a little lag on co-op but for horde mode.. everytime I've played this had great smooth connections with ppl.

Its kinda weird because to play horde I never had any problems, got the connection real quick and everything was good, but versus I can wait a good 5min before I get into a match and its damn laggy.

My favorite games for this gen:

1. Gears of War    2. MGS4    3. Killzone 2   4. Halo 3(Underated by many)      5. Mass Effect

the only problem i have is that it takes fucking forever to enter a match