By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My Warhawk Hands-On

I finally got around to writing something up and uploading the video I took of me playing in the beta. 

The video was shot with a Sony Cybershot 5.6mpx Digital Camera so the quality isnt the greatest but its quite good for a 3 year old digital camera. 

I wrote this different then most hands-on letting the videos speak for themselves. I gave my final opinion on the bottom.

http://www.psu.com/Warhawk-Beta-Hands-On-Preview--a778-p0.php

Enjoy

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

i am sorry but i still dont see what is so great about this game. Maybe it is one of those games that the screens shots dont look to good but then when you are playing it it is great?

Predicted end of gen Results

PS3--------58,000,000  Ps3 takes the lead it late 2009 and never loses the lead again

Wii---------43,000,000 Wii fade starts to die out in summer 2008 and sales decrease

Xbox 360----27,000,000 

Well it is a multiplayer only game so yes, you have to play it to know how good it is. But isn't that generally the case with most games?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Great write up and videos by the way :D

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

well like call of duty 4. It look amazing it every way.
Same thing with the gameplay of Metal Gear Solid 4....you can just tell they are going to be good.

But with Rfom it didnt look that good from screenshots but it was great...i though maybe that was the same case with this game...

Predicted end of gen Results

PS3--------58,000,000  Ps3 takes the lead it late 2009 and never loses the lead again

Wii---------43,000,000 Wii fade starts to die out in summer 2008 and sales decrease

Xbox 360----27,000,000 

Around the Network
Sicilian4391 said:
well like call of duty 4. It look amazing it every way.
Same thing with the gameplay of Metal Gear Solid 4....you can just tell they are going to be good.

But with Rfom it didnt look that good from screenshots but it was great...i though maybe that was the same case with this game...

Yea, you'd really have to play it to get a feel for it. Since it's multiplayer only, to really see how crazy it can be, you'd have to try it out on full 32 player maps (not exactly required, but I like the mass battles). Kind of similar to the Battlefield series, the maps can be large and stuff blows up everywhere. I was in the beta and I didn't find the ground combat totally to my liking, but I really enjoyed the air combat with the warhawks. I would even join strictly dogfight servers and experience 16 vs 16 team deathmatch or 32 player deathmatch chaos and it was tons of fun, but that's just me.

^ ^ ^

32vs 32

64player map :P

mM

The game looks better than the screenshots, and plays smoothly online.

mM
leo-j said:
^ ^ ^

32vs 32

64player map :P

Man, Battlefield 2 on a map like Gulf of Oman or Wake Island 2007 are just crazy because you have 4 jets flying (2 from each side), 4 or 5 helicopters (1-2 transport, 1 attack helicopter on both sides), as well as a slew of tanks, APC's, and cars, artillary strikes, and more with 64 players on top of that. While issues like glitching, spamming, and general bugs can mess with the fun, it's crazy to see all the stuff that's going on. 

leo-j said:
The game looks better than the screenshots, and plays smoothly online.

Yea, except for the bug that would cause the game to crash that was kind of fixed during mid-beta, it was a very smooth online experience. Usually unless you were in a very highly pinged server, the issues you saw were somebody else looking choppy because they were lagging (though it doesn't affect your gameplay) and other people around you looping in their animations because the server is shutting down.