By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - America numbers up!

Do you think a developer cares about attach rate or number sold?

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Around the Network

Do you really think that developers care if a platform has sold more games in the first 23 months from launch? I think they care how the games are selling now and more importantly, what kind of games are selling.

Infamy79 said:
Do you think a developer cares about attach rate or number sold?

Neither. He cares about profit (but of course, number sold would be needed for that).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Kulle said:
Do you really think that developers care if a platform has sold more games in the first 23 months from launch? I think they care how the games are selling now and more importantly, what kind of games are selling.

Of course they care.  Month 23 ended, like, yesterday.  And good games take two years or more to develop most of the time, which means that the games that come out next holiday were being decided on based on the first 13-15 months of those graphs.

It's hugely important, which is why the console makers talk about it constantly.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

fastyxx said:
Kulle said:

Of course they care.  Month 23 ended, like, yesterday.  And good games take two years or more to develop most of the time, which means that the games that come out next holiday were being decided on based on the first 13-15 months of those graphs.

It's hugely important, which is why the console makers talk about it constantly.

For 360 that month 23 ended one year ago. I really doubt that devs are looking in to that number rather than the current numbers.