By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Killergran said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=27011

I'm still amazed he dared make this prediction. And even if this is the ramp-up for the holidays, and as such doesn't exactly qualify, it's seeming less and less crazy. I love it when crazy predictions turn out not so crazy after all. :)

This prediction is terrifying and awe-inspiring.

Around the Network
illuminatus said:
NintendoMonopoly said:
illuminatus said:
the curve of the Wii sales of the past 5 weeks in NA kinda looks unnatural...

the December probably will have weaker sales than expected.

Great logic!

Would you like to bet on that?

I never bet.

But I still believe that 4th quarter 2008 won't see more console sales than 4th quarter 2007 in NA

Also: this is a silly prediction, sir!

NNN2004 said:
i think i will buy a Wii next year.

I might have to buy wii some day too. My GF just loved to play with it. X360? PS3? Blah, don't need them I got PC. I might buy PS3 just for some programming fun on heretogeneous platform, but the price is currently way too high. It would have to go under $100 for me to pick it up and I don't see it happening soon.

Go wii! Go casuals!

Squilliam said:
NintendoMonopoly said:
Squilliam said:
Ail said:
trestres said:
Ohh the bitterness in Ail is just hilarious lol :P

Btw you are posting right now! Go play your games, you won't have enough time, right?

I can't bring my console to work or I would :((((

I'm not bitter, the success of the Wii hasn't affected my gaming at all and I'm not the one making bitter thread about the lack of releases on my consoles or the poor quality of third party software...

I am forced to offer my +1 manship. The Wii may have a large market share, but I doubt it has more than 1/3rd of the market I actually care about.

The PC market??? Ofcourse, not. Not yet, but wait until they start releasing killer application "games" like, "Pokemon PowerPoint", "Mario PhotoShop", "Wii Word". Then, you're going to see some crazzy:):):):):):) John Lucas like sales.

Maybe you don't care, but I happen to enjoy both casual and core games. Most normal gamers do, unlike diehard fanboys, that only care about brand image and snobcore gollums that are too far removed from the real world to see the light; that social gaming just might be fun. A type of fun that doesn't require investing constant meaningless devotion and sacrificing any existence of a personal life, but to each his own.

I personally don't care about Wii Fit (Though I own and continue to use it) Wii Sports (Always bundled) Wii Play (I even own this, was going to buy a controller but it was only $10 more) nor Links Xbow training (Another hardware bundle). I also definately don't care about another 100 or so releases which don't cater to me personally.

Just so I don't sound like a complete Wii hater to you, im personally very interested in sales of Mario Kart (Which I do admit I have yet to get for myself) and SSBB (for which I just purchased a GC controller for)

Btw Social game is fun, you should find out the joys of stomping your neighbour into oblivion in a multiplayer GOW match, its also one franchise which should translate to Wii type controls very well if Microsoft should choose to go in that direction next generation (Which I hope they do)

But why have any Wii hate at all? it's not like Nintendo killed your only son or left you marooned in a barren wasteland to die...

NIN-TEN-DOOO!!!!

God Of War is going to have a verus mode?!?!? Hot damn!!! Oh wait! You mean Gears. Really? That was the best thing you could think of for multi-play? Not L4D, which btw pails in comparison to HL2. Well, you did say MP3 didn't interest you at all. That speaks volumes about your taste in fps gaming. The 1st Gears was fun, but it was more about the campaign for me. Even that seemed a little redundant. Gears2 is is   living up to a lot of what was promised with the 1st, but the duck and cover system lends itself more to single/co-op, if you ask me. I expect part 3 to really impress.

"The joys of stomping your neighbor"... sure that's fun for awhile, when I'm playing more hardcore players, but this ideology about multi-player gaming is part of what's wrong with old school game designing. Why does it always have to be so damn serious? Do you think my non-gamer friends/family enjoy thoroughly getting the crap beaten out of them constantly? Hell, I don't enjoy it. It feels awkward and more than a little embarrassing.

I'd rather have it be more like a party, where it's just about having fun. I know, you're not going to try to tell me you haven't noticed, when people play Wii games in a group they're more excited, then when playing regular games. As added bonus, not only can I start up an off-line mp game easier, I also get to hang out with people that are actually fun to be around, instead of people that are completely anti-social.
       I guess we just have different taste. You completely miss the entertainment that the Wii brings. Your loss. I'm not sure how so many could be blind to how others could find the Wii to be an advancement to gaming in a lot of ways (not all, but a big brave leap by Ninty, none the less). It's not like I don't acknowledge the 360 & PS3 as fun. They are. It's just, for me they are secondary to PC+Wii+Handhelds. Which really is more than enough for most gamers.

Deneidez said:
NNN2004 said:
i think i will buy a Wii next year.

I might have to buy wii some day too. My GF just loved to play with it. X360? PS3? Blah, don't need them I got PC. I might buy PS3 just for some programming fun on heretogeneous platform, but the price is currently way too high. It would have to go under $100 for me to pick it up and I don't see it happening soon.

Go wii! Go casuals!

here the wii is the most expensive console .. its price is ( 1750 dhs = 477 $ ) and the ps3 is ( 1450 dhs = 395 $ ) .. the 360 price is ( 1050 dhs = 286 $ ) for the arcade and ( 1300 dhs = 354 $ ) for the 60gb model... nothing cheap here :(

Around the Network
NintendoMonopoly said:
Squilliam said:
Ail said:
trestres said:

Btw you are posting right now! Go play your games, you won't have enough time, right?

I'm not bitter, the success of the Wii hasn't affected my gaming at all and I'm not the one making bitter thread about the lack of releases on my consoles or the poor quality of third party software...

I am forced to offer my +1 manship. The Wii may have a large market share, but I doubt it has more than 1/3rd of the market I actually care about.

The PC market??? Ofcourse, not. Not yet, but wait until they start releasing killer application "games" like, "Pokemon PowerPoint", "Mario PhotoShop", "Wii Word". Then, you're going to see some crazzy:):):):):):) John Lucas like sales.

Maybe you don't care, but I happen to enjoy both casual and core games. Most normal gamers do, unlike diehard fanboys, that only care about brand image and snobcore gollums that are too far removed from the real world to see the light; that social gaming just might be fun. A type of fun that doesn't require investing constant meaningless devotion and sacrificing any existence of a personal life, but to each his own.

So if you don't care about wii sports/fit/carnival games etc, you are a "snobcore gollum" or whatever. I just love your logic!

Kulle said:
NintendoMonopoly said:
Squilliam said:
Ail said:
trestres said:

So if you don't care about wii sports/fit/carnival games etc, you are a "snobcore gollum" or whatever. I just love your logic!

So MK & SSBB gameplay equal wii fit. There are other games on the Wii, you know. I'd say, if you can't respect some one enjoying those games, because you forcefully chose to be ignorant about it, than yes. Some people have limited taste and think it magicaly makes them better than other people. I think that by definition, is being a snob and plenty of people are naturally that way. Oh well! There's worse things to be and worse things to be called. That's not logic. That's just the way life is. You on the other hand , no. You're less of a gollum and more of a troll. That and maybe an alternate account.

NintendoMonopoly said:
Kulle said:
NintendoMonopoly said:
Squilliam said:
Ail said:
trestres said:

So MK & SSBB gameplay equal wii fit. There are other games on the Wii, you know. I'd say, if you can't respect some one enjoying those games, because you forcefully chose to be ignorant about it, than yes. Some people have limited taste and think it magicaly makes them better than other people. I think that by definition, is being a snob and plenty of people are naturally that way. Oh well! There's worse things to be and worse things to be called. That's not logic. That's just the way life is. You on the other hand , no. You're less of a gollum and more of a troll. That and maybe an alternate account.

Uh, what? He was talking about market that he doesn't care about. Which propably is that expanded/casual market what wii have captured. I think he mentioned that he is interested in those 2 games. Don't you think that is pretty funny statement, since you obviously think you are better than those "snobcore gollums"?

Personally, I don't care about SSBB or MK. If you like them, that is fine. :)

Infamy79 said:
fastyxx said:

Seriously. The Wii sells almost 300k consoles on a sales base of 16 million, and if you take out Wii Sports and Wii Play (which we all know no one buys for the game), the Wii moves only 1.3 million software units combined? And look at the top 50 for Wii sales. Pathetic.

Why would someone choose to pay $10 more for a controller given they are never going to play the game? Wouldn't you just buy a stand alone wii-mote instead? They buy it because it's a cheap casual game library, not because they're never going to play it.

Furthermore, information gleaned from the Nintendo channel suggests that Wii Play is one of the most-played games on the Wii. As is Wii Sports, obviously. Since people pay for both games and play both games heavily, it really doesn't make any sense to pretend they aren't important.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Kulle said:
NintendoMonopoly said:
Kulle said:
NintendoMonopoly said:
Squilliam said:
Ail said:
trestres said:

Uh, what? He was talking about market that he doesn't care about. Which propably is that expanded/casual market what wii have captured. I think he mentioned that he is interested in those 2 games. Don't you think that is pretty funny statement, since you obviously think you are better than those "snobcore gollums"?

Oh Lord! I didn't say I was talking about Squid specifically, nor did I say I was better than core gamers. Amazing how people can be arrogant and then use reverse psychology, when called on it, though. I was j/k around about the Wii hate, even though what he said was more of a double-edged compliment, than anything else. That was brought up later, anyways. The bundle argument is so weak and bringing it up, is just beating a dead horse. Who cares? You're not lessoning to what I'm saying. You know you're right and I can't change you're mind, even if I actual gave a crap. So, let's just move on.