By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
goddog said:
psrock said:
Once again you guys have turned this into a 360 vs ps3 thread when both got destroyed with Resistance and gears coming out. I really think wii fans should be gloating.

this is basically because most rational people on this forum have accepted that the wii wins, so now the interesting conflict it ps3/360. no use in arguing about a blowout, and its not as fun either.

they could do hd/wii, but that if fading fast too. the brighter note is that game sales for third parties is not disproportionate as hardware sales, so all three get to flourish 

that's no excuse to be gloating.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
Once again you guys have turned this into a 360 vs ps3 thread when both got destroyed with Resistance and gears coming out. I really think wii fans should be gloating.

Nintendo fans should be tired of gloating by now (at least I am). Since Wii is so far out of HDs scope the two consoles closest together are bound to be the ones fighting it out.

fastyxx said:
psrock said:

But, and I say this as someone who pre-ordered Wii Animal Crossing, the PS3 and 360 being beaten by Wii is like them being beaten by Tickle Me Elmo.  The Wii is a completely different product than what the the 360 and PS3 are.  It's like trying to argue that the PSP is way more successful than the Wii since it's got a multi-million lead, or saying that the DS is better than an iPhone because it's sold 75 million more.  

At this point it's a pointless argument.  Nintendo has hit on a successful product, but it's not a gamer's game system the way we know it, even compared to the most casual of the PS2 userbase.

For the same reason there isn't a thread asking how many units Bejeweled Twist sold on PC the first week out.  (Though I bet it destroyed most of the console titles.)

No...no...no...

Enough of this "WIi is not competing with PS360" junk, It's a video game machine, and it will be compared with other videogame machines. Of course you don't compare Iphone to DS, Iphone is..a phone...DS is a games machine.  Wii is a games machine just like 360 or PS3, I happen to have more Wii games than I do for 360 or PS3 combined, and it gets the most play time, many other people on this site and all over the world probably have similar experiences. Had the Wii been doing poorly like the PS3, we wouldn't have this discussion about how the Wii is in a different market not competing with the HD twins, and if Nintendo fans came up with the excuse "oh it's just in a different market, it's not really competeing with the HD twins" they would be laughed at.

The way I see it is if a multiplatform game sells on wii, thats a sale taken away from the HD twins and vice versa. Wii is definately competing with the PS3 and 360, if not the game industry just shrunk by about 75% and video games will be dead within 5 years.

darthdevidem01 said:
Squilliam said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Squilliam said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Squilliam said:
My Xbox 360 just started making a particularly annoying sound.

Xbox 360 gloating confirmed?

no no....thats how it sounds like normally anyway.....

lol couldn't help it!

Btw I got a new Microsoft Blu Tooth Keyboard.

Works great with the PS3!

cool....does the PS3 not send blu-ray waves that attack it??

Strangley they seem to cooperate.

Maybe someone forgot to tell them that they should be enemies?

hmm....looks like crazzyman isn't doing his job as well as he ought to....or Kirby007 on the other hand

im only an ememy for the ignorant people around here or check stafcrafts profile for the reason

and you or the other sony boys are often the ignorant ones

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Looks like, Sony is losing ground and all their North America exclusives are already out for Christmas. 360 still has the following exclusives:

- Banjo (Today)
- Left 4 Dead
- Naruto - Broken Bond
- Stoked
- Skate and Snowboard peripherials
- Last Remnant (Timed exclusive)
- LIPS (Don't laugh)
- You're in the Movies (Don't laugh harder)

Around the Network
psrock said:

PS360 fans are too busy playing the plethora of good games that came out this month to have time to post.........

On a side note I want to thank Nintendo for managing to make a console that destroyed the others  but still did not affect in the least what kind of games are available on my console of choice !

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

the curve of the Wii sales of the past 5 weeks in NA kinda looks unnatural...

the December probably will have weaker sales than expected.

psrock said:

That's what makes this gen so fascinating and confounding.  While 360 and PS3 owners can brag about the fantastic software they are enjoying, Wii owners have mainly the console sales to gloat about.  As gamers, which is the bigger bragging point, great and plentiful software or console sales dominance?  I feel fanboy heads exploding at the conundrum that question poses.

Many people have pointed this out before, but I'm just going to say it again:

Wii gets 1st place, 360 gets 2nd place and PS3 gets 3rd place.  All consoles sell good-to-great numbers, with Nintendo and Microsoft increasing their marketshare over the last gen.  That is the REALITY that we see RIGHT NOW and likely the reality going forward. 

Ail said:
psrock said:

PS360 fans are too busy playing the plethora of good games that came out this month to have time to post.........

who are posting right now?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Wow Wii 300k in one week.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million