By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Some older "under the radar" RPGS?

I'm just looking for some games that may not be so widely popular but are long and in depth.. Maybe a game with a cult like following?

Maybe not open-ended, but something will a lot of side quests and things to do.. Something with good character development and storyline... Or something that can at least keep me occupied for hours without being bored...

Any suggestions?

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Around the Network

for what systems?

If you've got a Snes or Genesis, I'd say try Shadowrun. A nice WRPG with a cyberpunk theme.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

PSX-Lunar,Arc the Lad Collection
PS2-Shadow Hearts,Disgaea

PC

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Then I take it you've played Fallout 1 and 2.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

YOU ARE IN LUCK

The name of the game is Crystalis. Excellent rpg, it is on the nes. It's has a cult like following that you seek. Me and my brothers loved this game. Look it up, I think its on wikipedia.

Seriously I was thinking the exact same thing today. Really weird, I plugged in my old nes and played this game today, still great will beat it again although it takes awhile.

Crystalis, PLAY IT, awesome game, very long, great story, you want the NES version though not the gba version.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

yes I've played fallout 1 & 2

Crystalis I have not.. I might check that out.

That's kinda funny, I was gonna suggest this before reading your post, but your post made me wanna post it more. Earthbound for the SNES. I think it might keep you entertained. I know I love it, even after playing it after all these years.

If you try it, I hope you like it!

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

I don't know if you have ever played earthbound for the snes. You've probably heard of it, but if you haven't played it definitely check that one out. After you're done with Crystalis that is :)

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

In fact I'm checking it out soon.. saw a video of it online It kind of looks like a pre-Secret of Mana.. interesting