By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Video Game Decade? 70's? 80's? 90's? 2000's?

90's

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

The 1940s.

The first pinball table with flippers was introduced in 1947. It dramatically increased player interactivity, transforming it from a game of luck into a game of skill.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Well, the 2000's can't come without the 80's. We're seeing old franchises making comebacks this generation (and good ones most of the time, just look at Bionic Commando)!

With that said, I favor the 80's for the pletora of SHMUPs that came out at the time (Gradius, R-Type, Darius, etc.). Oh, and also: Contra. Hehehe...!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

90's. Unequivocally. =]

The BuShA owns all!

The 90's would top it for me, easily. Between SNES, Genesis, PC and N64 it's an easy call. I didn't even have the PS1 and I'd still say so. Also, the Dreamcast came out just before 2000 (Soul Calibur/Sonic Adv).

As for #2, between 2000's and 80's, I'm not so sure. I obviously played more games in 2000, since I'm 21, so can't really give my judgement on it.

Around the Network

1. 90's, 2. 2000, 3. 80's and 4. 70's

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

'80s hands down!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Hard to say... I'd go with the 90's of course, but the 2000's are not bad at all, it's just that it's not old enough to enjoy it.

2000's.

Sheesh.

90's without a doubt. I loved the N64/PS1 days! I never got into Genesis, but I loved my SNES to death.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8