By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Video Game Decade? 70's? 80's? 90's? 2000's?

What decade of video games, do you cherish the most?

Personally...

1. 90's

2. 80's

3. 2000's

4. 70's

90's is definitely my favorite decade, partly because it made up most of my childhood, but that's really not the main reason. The Super Nintendo and Genesis saw many genius creations like Super Mario World, Super Metroid, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3, Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 3, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario All-Stars + many more, and there was never any bullshit that diluted them. No Delfinos (Super Mario Sunshine), Miis (Mario Kart Wii), Library (Super Mario Galaxy), humans (Sonic the Hedgehog), or anything that did not fit into their universes. They were, what they were, and what they were, were awesome. Super Mario World is the first game I ever played, and it's still fun to play this very day. I used to video tape myself playing the Donkey Kong Country games back when I was about 8, yelling at the games, saying the most ridiculous things like, "That's bad manners," or some shit like that, every time I died... Those were the days... Then there's all those old school commercials, back when they didn't suck, and were actually funny. Then the Nintendo 64, Saturn, and Playstation came out, and they kicked ass too, and Crash Bandicoot, Sony's Mario, stood beside Sonic and Mario, and was the only time we had three video game mascots, that perfectly mirrored Sony, Sega, and Mario. Rumble was brand new, as well as 3D. Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, and later on, Sonic Adventure, released for the Dreamcast. Looking back, it's all so nostalgic now, and it all had that old-school atmosphere to it.

Around the Network

1985 - 1995

Between those years were the best imo.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

The 90's hands down. The time before Sony or Microsoft especially was satisfying. You could enjoy videogames for the fun of it and not get caught up in such a corporate mess.

The 90's gave us fallout, planescape, half-life, starcraft, doom, quake, the elder scrolls, system shock, oddworld, unreal, myst, myth et al.

The 90's are easily my favorite.

3.5 favor the 90's... 3.5, since 1985-1995 is obviously only half of the 90's.

Around the Network

90s and 2000, pure love.

1988-present because thats when i existed lol :P

Serious note:

90's
80's
2000's
70's

for me

NFGBlinkAC said:

Serious note:

90's
80's
2000's
70's

for me

Is it just me, or does everyone essentially follow that list? Have a created a universally agreed thread? This could be the first...

90s
2000s
80s
70s

a.l.e.x00 said:
NFGBlinkAC said:

Serious note:

90's
80's
2000's
70's

for me

Is it just me, or does everyone essentially follow that list? Have a created a universally agreed thread? This could be the first...

Good question lol, but thats my personal opinion.  I'm sure there are a handful of people that like the 80's better than the 90's.