By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - What was your first programming language?

I think I started with Dbase 3+ and Basic.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

Around the Network
Shinlock said:
SnakeEyez said:
I'm learning C++ (this is my first language) and Im in college. Is that kinda late to start learning how to program?

Better late then never.

Not at all.  I learned Basic and QBasic in middle school and Pascal in high school but the stuff I learned from all three of those really didn't do a lot for me that a few weeks in a basic C/C++ couldn't teach me.  I went into college knowing just those three basic languages and never touching C/C++ and now I have my shiny C++ degree I don't really use. 

(I use a lot of the theory,  mainly threaded stuff, but not much at all for the rest(

visual basic and then pascal, my favorite is matlab though...

BASIC back in 1992. Never had a chance to learn anything else since then until just a few weeks ago.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

fortran then snobol then basic then rpgI then assembler then c, etc.

Around the Network

BASIC on the Apple II back in 1983.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

Qbasic, C++ and then visual basic

If you wanna count it... GML (Game Maker Language).

Other languages: C++, VB, dabbled in ActionScript and C#.

Basic language version of ZX Spectrum :P

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

SnakeEyez said:
I'm learning C++ (this is my first language) and Im in college. Is that kinda late to start learning how to program?

No it isn't but be carefull of C's pointers they can be very tricky in the beginning

How can you possibly misspell QWERTY? It's spelled correctly on the damn keyboard.