By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What series do you predict will switch consoles this generation?

yeah, the idea that FFXIII or XIV or XV or VMDCLXVI will go to the Wii is VERY far left field, much more likely to get seperately developed games. but that's not enough for many apparently, they desperately want the main series for some reason.

as for GTAV, what? they go BACK from Liberty City(which is obviously New York now) to Vice City or San Andreas? again, maybe Wii will get it's own iterations or they'll just dust of San Andreas for you.

leo-j said:
-kh3 will come out on the wii only or ps3 only.
^ ^ ^ ^
This due to the fact that disney will only develop for nintendo consoles."

What console was Kingdom Hearts 2 on again? Strange statement.

I do however think that the next couple rounds of BIG exclusives will be the last we see from any other than 1st/2nd party. But Wii will NOT be getting the main series of any of these games, but will likely get their own seperately developed titles

Around the Network
vizunary said:
yeah, the idea that FFXIII or XIV or XV or VMDCLXVI will go to the Wii is VERY far left field, much more likely to get seperately developed games. but that's not enough for many apparently, they desperately want the main series for some reason.

as for GTAV, what? they go BACK from Liberty City(which is obviously New York now) to Vice City or San Andreas? again, maybe Wii will get it's own iterations or they'll just dust of San Andreas for you.

leo-j said:
-kh3 will come out on the wii only or ps3 only.
^ ^ ^ ^
This due to the fact that disney will only develop for nintendo consoles."

What console was Kingdom Hearts 2 on again? Strange statement.

I do however think that the next couple rounds of BIG exclusives will be the last we see from any other than 1st/2nd party. But Wii will NOT be getting the main series of any of these games, but will likely get their own seperately developed titles<--- wasn't this the point in the Wii anyways, new, different, blah, blah, blah, now it seems like some of you just want the same oh same oh, but you just don't want to pay for it.

Disney signed an exclusivity contract with Nintendo at the end of 2006, long after the release of KH2.  I'm not sure what this means for established franchises like KH though.  Anyway, the spinoff of KH is what we will be seeing at TGS soon, and I expect it to be on PS3 because Nomura was saying the graphics were impressive.

FF13/Versus are not going anywhere.

Future F13 games can be multi if they are on UR3 engine but i doubt it.

If MGS sales enough on PS3 its not going anywhere, MGs on xbox were failures.

Most 3rd party games will be multi, with big franchises on Ps3/360 and spin offs and party/casual stuff on the wii.

Dead rising2 Lost Planet2wil be multui, trusty bell AC6 will go multi.

If FF was always about graphics it would of gone to the XBOX. FF will always goto the system with the highest or what is percieved to be the install base in Japan and US. It is one of the reasons that FINAL FANTASY 64 went to the PS1, that and CD-ROM storage though the 3d definitely suffered. I don't see it doing the Handheld route but I can see it going to the Wii. Just not XIII the game is probably to far into development and they are doing too much promoting for it. XIV I can see but I don't think it will matter by the time it comes out it will already be 2011 at this ratea dn will probably be slated for either Wii2 PS4 or 360. I bet you SE will be watching their horses closer next time if the PS3 user base does not pick up past GC levels.

PS3:

tbh, I think the PS3 has shedded a lot of what it's going to shed. I don't believe that Sony would let either MGS4 or FFXIII slip, not with Kaz now in charge.

The problem that'll now face Sony is getting companies to make exclusives in the first place for the PS3.

360:

I could see this loosing some Capcom games as exclusives, so the next Lost Planet and Dead Rising could be multiplatform. However, I think they might just go to different systems. I see Lost Planet on the PS3 and 360, and Dead Rising on the 360 and Wii (maybe all three).

Wii:

I don't see the Wii losing exclusives, just gaining them. (Unless something crazy happens like the PS3 dropping to £50 ($25) worldwide).

Around the Network
naznatips said:

Disney signed an exclusivity contract with Nintendo at the end of 2006, long after the release of KH2.  I'm not sure what this means for established franchises like KH though.  Anyway, the spinoff of KH is what we will be seeing at TGS soon, and I expect it to be on PS3 because Nomura was saying the graphics were impressive.

I did not know this.... but that's why you're here =) thanks naz

I don't want anyone to mistake what i posted earlier. I do expect many of these series to make appearances on the Wii, just not the main titles. You should appreciate having a completely different type of game designed for the Wii, the style of current FF's would not benefit from waggle much. 

@soriku, yes FF1-6 were on Nintendo.... then N took a big dump on Square, so they said fark you very much and left. they do seem to be making up now though, but still i never expect the main series to go to the least powerful console.

EDIT: funny afterthought, get this:

Disney signed an exclusive contract with Nintendo for their games.

Disney signed an exclusive contract with Sony for blu-ray production.

Disney signed an exclusive contract with Microsoft for VoD.

Disney is just exclusive with everyone, LOL.

Nonquihote said:

Most 3rd party games will be multi, with old big franchises on Ps3/360 and spin offs and party/casual stuff on the wii.

I fixed it for you. Most new big IPs in 2008 and beyond will be on the Wii.  This is to be expected as the Wiimote isn't going to work well for ALL old games (it will work for some) so they will for the majority remain on the 360 and PS3.  I expect to see a lot of new IPs and franchises started on the Wii though built from the ground up around it's controls.

<q>@soriku, yes FF1-6 were on Nintendo.... then N took a big dump on Square, so they said fark you very much and left. they do seem to be making up now though, but still i never expect the main series to go to the least powerful console.</q>

That's what they did with the ps2.  Granted, the difference in power is greater between Wii/PS3 than PS2/GCN, but it's still there.  

It is true that Final Fantasy 13 might not benefit as much from waggle in battle, but FF versus 13 (gameplay rumored to be similar to KH) seems ideal.  And its unlikely Square would split them up.  Additionally, FFXIII according to final-fantasy-13.com, is only 13% complete as of July 21st.  And FF versus XIII is only at 1.3%.  Plenty of time for adapting the game to a different console.

naznatips said:
Nonquihote said:

Most 3rd party games will be multi, with old big franchises on Ps3/360 and spin offs and party/casual stuff on the wii.

I fixed it for you. Most new big IPs in 2008 and beyond will be on the Wii.  This is to be expected as the Wiimote isn't going to work well for ALL old games (it will work for some) so they will for the majority remain on the 360 and PS3.  I expect to see a lot of new IPs and franchises started on the Wii though built from the ground up around it's controls.

Unless you consider boogie a big ip, no they wont.

We arent even seeing any big new ips from nintendo, yet you expect that from 3rd aprty?

naznatips said:

I fixed it for you.  Most new big IPs in 2008 and beyond will be on the Wii.

Yes, true... the Wii will get ever game you could possibly title Wii-whatever   =p

They will probably get more than any other, but will they be good? you know not all Wii games are sic right?

Do not discount either Sony's or MS's 1st/2nd party IPs.