By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Active Players of Magic: The Gathering

I'm referring to the card game. I know there are various fora dedicated to it, but I spend more time on this forum than any other. Is anyone here actively playing Magic: The Gathering? If you are, I'm looking for some advice.

I used to play it a while ago and I've popped in for the occasional draft or prerelease, but I've finally decided to hang up my sleeves and binders for good now.

I'm selling my collection. Well, most of it. I've played since Mirrodin, but stopped weekly drafts around Time Spiral. I've decided to keep some rares, commons and uncommons. I've already decided on the rares I'll keep. I limited myself to one small folder, and that worked quite well. I'm having trouble with commons/uncommons. White was always my favourite colour in the game, and I have a pretty strong bias for it.

I'd like to hear "what's hot" in commons/uncommons from Mirrodin through to Time Spiral from any current players. That's if there are any current players. It might give me an idea of what I've missed and whether I'm placing too high a value on certain white cards I've marked for my "keep" pile.

As a side note, I'm industriously counting my collection as I type this. I estimate that I have about 15,000 cards and I'm about 6,500 cards in. Woohoo!

Around the Network

I used to play it, but I gave up when I was about 16.

Wow. You quit at about the time that I started. Did you sell your cards? If so, how many did you have, and how much did you get for them?

nope still have all of mine, I have about 1000 or so.

cool i bought untill ravinca

do you have any revised duals?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

How do you like this list?

2x Cranial Plating Artifact C FD € 0,50
1x Mana Crypt(Book) Artifact R XX € 40,00
3x Scale of Chiss-Goria Artifact C MI € 0,25
4x Skullclamp Artifact U DS € 3,00
1x Sol Ring Artifact U RV € 13,00
3x Tooth of Chiss-Goria Artifact C MI € 0,25
2x Welding Jar Artifact C MI € 0,50
4x Arcbound Ravager Artifact Creature R DS € 15,00
1x Darksteel Colossus Artifact Creature R DS € 13,50
4x Frogmite Artifact Creature C MI € 0,50
4x Myr Enforcer Artifact Creature C MI € 0,75
4x Ornithopter Artifact Creature U 9E € 1,50
4x Disciple of the Vault Creature C MI € 0,75
1x Vampiric Tutor Instant R VI € 12,50
4x Darksteel Citadel Land N/A C DS € 0,75
2x Glimmervoid Land N/A R MI € 6,00
2x Mishra’s Factory Land
U 4E € 4,50
4x Seat of the Synod Land N/A C MI € 1,25
4x Vault of Whispers Land N/A C MI € 1,25
1x Yawgmoth’s Will Sorcery R US € 11,00
4x Thoughtcast Sorcery C MI € 0,50
1x Tinker Sorcery U UL € 3,50

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I played til Apocalypse. My favorite cycle was Mercadian Masques when you could still play with the Urza block.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

kirby007 said:

How do you like this list?

2x Cranial Plating Artifact C FD € 0,50
1x Mana Crypt(Book) Artifact R XX € 40,00
3x Scale of Chiss-Goria Artifact C MI € 0,25
4x Skullclamp Artifact U DS € 3,00
1x Sol Ring Artifact U RV € 13,00
3x Tooth of Chiss-Goria Artifact C MI € 0,25
2x Welding Jar Artifact C MI € 0,50
4x Arcbound Ravager Artifact Creature R DS € 15,00
1x Darksteel Colossus Artifact Creature R DS € 13,50
4x Frogmite Artifact Creature C MI € 0,50
4x Myr Enforcer Artifact Creature C MI € 0,75
4x Ornithopter Artifact Creature U 9E € 1,50
4x Disciple of the Vault Creature C MI € 0,75
1x Vampiric Tutor Instant R VI € 12,50
4x Darksteel Citadel Land N/A C DS € 0,75
2x Glimmervoid Land N/A R MI € 6,00
2x Mishra’s Factory Land
U 4E € 4,50
4x Seat of the Synod Land N/A C MI € 1,25
4x Vault of Whispers Land N/A C MI € 1,25
1x Yawgmoth’s Will Sorcery R US € 11,00
4x Thoughtcast Sorcery C MI € 0,50
1x Tinker Sorcery U UL € 3,50

It looks like a powerless type 1 Raffinity. Do you have all of those cards? I've highlighted all of the cards my collection could provide for you... just in case you're interesting in buying .

Also, collection count update: I'm now two-thirds of the way there and I'm up to 11,041 cards.

hmm you got me intrested got an list ?

ah got any of these?

Badlands
Bayou
Plateau
Savannah
Scrubland
Taiga
Tropical Island
Tundra
Underground Sea
Volcanic Island