By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New White Knight Story Gameplay Sceens

tombi123 said:

and i dont know why nintendo fanboys are complaining about graphics!

Leave me out of this, or haven't you read my compliments  

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Around the Network
WiiGirl76 said:

tombi123 said:

I don't think it was directed at you, but at the other comments.

IllegalPaladin said:
WiiGirl76 said:

tombi123 said:

I don't think it was directed at you, but at the other comments.

Ah okay, haven't noticed them at first

Well when it comes to Level 5, if it's just as good as their former games, I have a hard time saying Tales of Symphonia will be beter. Not to kick at you Soriku, but DQVIII and DC are 2 of my most favorite games, the atmosphere they put in their games is unbelievable.

IMO the videos look much nicer.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13330&type=mov

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I'm seriously digging the art direction, but for a PS3 game, it doesn't look that good technologically. But as ssj12 pointed out, it's not done yet, so it will definitely get better.

The reason Wii fans are saying the graphics are mediocre is because that's the focal point of the system. Sony and developers have touted graphics as the be-all-and-end-all of gaming. Wii was designed around gameplay. If a Wii game has lousy gameplay, then we hate it. Likewise if a PS3 game comes out with mediocre graphics (for the ps3), then it should get criticized as well.

Around the Network

Cinematic trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22732.html

Those gameplay and cinematic videos look very promising, IMO the tiny screenshots in the OP look like Wii screenshots.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Phalanx said:
I'm seriously digging the art direction, but for a PS3 game, it doesn't look that good technologically. But as ssj12 pointed out, it's not done yet, so it will definitely get better.

The reason Wii fans are saying the graphics are mediocre is because that's the focal point of the system. Sony and developers have touted graphics as the be-all-and-end-all of gaming. Wii was designed around gameplay. If a Wii game has lousy gameplay, then we hate it. Likewise if a PS3 game comes out with mediocre graphics (for the ps3), then it should get criticized as well.

I disagree because of threads on this very website dissing the PS3 (and 360) in their quest for graphics and essentially claiming that the games with good graphics wont have good gameplay. Yet, here is a game with a lower level of graphics compared to other games and the graphics vs gameplay argument is suddenly forgotten even though people have tried to make it a hot button issue when comparing the consoles. 

By saying good graphics will usually warrant bad gameplay, then wouldn't that mean we should all by totally hyped up for this game because it's gameplay is going to be amazing because it has lower graphics?

I choose gameplay and atmosphere in games always above graphics, if players see GFX as most important in games... then that has nothing really to do with gaming. Of course, butt ugly graphics ain't nice on a console which can do 10 times better, but to rant about small minor details (which I hardly even notice) is a bit exaggerated. Level 5 is not known for the most high standard graphics but to me the atmosphere and gameplay they put in their games, makes them quite unique.

@Mike B I who says WII can't handle PS3 games then ey  Just kidding

I don't mind the backgrounds but there's something about the characters themselves that are kind of boring. It's like they're all wearing mute colors compared to the bright backgrounds and it's distracting. I feel like I'd rather run around looking at the views than fighting.
I'm sure my boyfriend will buy it so I'll probably end up playing it. Though I watched him play some of FF12 and it made me not want to play it. I think the 1000+ hours I put into Guild Wars really killed standard RPGs like this for me.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

IllegalPaladin said:
Phalanx said:

I disagree because of threads on this very website dissing the PS3 (and 360) in their quest for graphics and essentially claiming that the games with good graphics wont have good gameplay. Yet, here is a game with a lower level of graphics compared to other games and the graphics vs gameplay argument is suddenly forgotten even though people have tried to make it a hot button issue when comparing the consoles.

By saying good graphics will usually warrant bad gameplay, then wouldn't that mean we should all by totally hyped up for this game because it's gameplay is going to be amazing because it has lower graphics?

I agree with you too an extent.  Personally I don't feel that just because a game has great graphics means the gameplay sucks (see LBP).  But I can see where some of the Wii fans are coming from.  Look at Doom3.  For it's time, it was absolutely stunning.  And then you played it.  id spent so much time on the engine to make the graphics look good that the gameplay suffered. 

I can't speak for everyone, but when I see a great looking game, I fear that the developer spent all their resources on making it look good that they forgot to make it play well.