By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance VS Gears Of War

Personaly I take for Resistance.

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

Around the Network

*Looks at your Games Collection*

Oh, really?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

What do you mean by "vs"? Sales? Quality? Hype?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

In terms of quality, I'd say they were pretty close. Gears had better graphics and I'm a sucker for that cover system (I'm a PSP Syphon Filter fan) but Resistance had a far longer campaign, an online mode with full server support and a better story. Still, I'd have to give the edge to Gears though.

It's hard to compare the two games, because they're aiming at different experiences - Gears has that delicious chainsaw/cover combo, while R2 has more of a coherent story and masses of enemies at one time (also, they added a sprint function, which is a huge plus). They're both topnotch games, so it depends on what you want your shooter to be. I do have a slight preference for R2's game-play style, because I don't like the feeling of "sticking" to objects which is part of the cover aesthetic, but that's just my own preference. Enjoy them both!

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
*Looks at your Games Collection*

Oh, really?

LMAOROFL!!!

OT: This thread has been made over and over again. And for some reason when this thread is made it's ok, but when i made a Killzone 2 vs Gears of War2 thread I get the "2 different genres, you thread is bullshit treatment". VGCHARTZ is unfair!!!

EDIT-

Just looked at his game collection a bit closer. If he really does have those games then there is nothing wrong with this opinion. He owns both.

4 ≈ One