By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS has Gear 2 & Fable 2, Sony has Res 2 & LBP, Ninty has Wii Music & AC...

Worldwide AC will probably win, it's massive in Japan, the others are not. AC sold 3 million on the Gamecube and 10 million on DS so is a big series.

Gears2 will end up second and should reach 3 miilion before years end

Fable 2 should go neck on neck with Resistance 2

LBP a little bit behind that.

Wii Music last.

Consoles (WW) Wii >>>> 360 > PS3

Around the Network
Neos said:
macross said:

Why AC?Why? Because of the bundle?

because it almost sold 10 million on the DS?

*scratches head*

And it sold almost 3 million on the Gamecube.

*Scratches head*

Animal Crossing is a series that is largely based on legs (despite having fantastic debuts as well, at least in Japan). Gears of War 2 will have massive sales for much of the holiday season, which will then taper off in 2009 (much like the first one). Animal Crossing Wii will sell well in the holiday season, but it will be more leg based for 2009 and beyond. If we're talking about holiday season alone, here's how I expect it to go:

Gears of War 2

Resistance 2

Animal Crossing

Fable II

Wii Music

LittleBigPlanet

This list is assuming that we're counting the holiday season from the time Fable II launches, since that's the earliest game on the list to launch.

BengaBenga said:
Worldwide AC will probably win, it's massive in Japan, the others are not. AC sold 3 million on the Gamecube and 10 million on DS so is a big series.

Gears2 will end up second and should reach 3 miilion before years end

Fable 2 should go neck on neck with Resistance 2

LBP a little bit behind that.

Wii Music last.

Consoles (WW) Wii >>>> 360 > PS3

so exactly the same as mine ^^

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Wii > 360 = PS3 Worldwide

Gears 2 > Left 4 Dead > AC > Resistance 2 > Banjo N&B > LBP > Motorstorm 2 > Valkryia Chronicles > Last Remnant > Lips > WiiMusic in sales by year end

Games:

#1: Gears 2

#2: R2

#3: Fable 2

#4: LBP

Consoles in USA/UK:

PS3 + X360 >>>>>>> PS3 > X360

Consoles in Japan: PS3 > Everything else. (White Knight Story comes out this year in japan so...yeah...)

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Games:

Consoles in USA/UK:

Consoles in Japan: PS3 > Everything else. (White Knight Story comes out this year in japan so...yeah...)

oh, you are one of those 'the wii doesn't count in this generation sales war so i magically leave it out, maybe no one will notice' ?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Games:

Consoles in USA/UK:

oh, you are one of those 'the wii doesn't count in this generation sales war so i magically leave it out, maybe no one will notice' ?

I noticed it as well. I was going to say something, but then Vgchartz timed out.

MontanaHatchet said:
Neos said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Games:

Consoles in USA/UK:

I noticed it as well. I was going to say something, but then Vgchartz timed out.

I think it is kinda funny.  Whatever makes them feel better about themselves.

I was about to moan at everyone for saying AC all the time because I had no frigging idea what it was. Anal Cavity? :?

Then Montana said it's actual name. Out of the lot Wii will win, Wii Music will sell loads like Wii Fit, Animal Crossing will sell lots life time but have a slow start like a lot of Wii games that haven't got either Wii in front of it or just aren't crazy local player games.

On the other 2 consoles, it's fair game. Good luck to them trying to keep up with Wii Fit this Chrimbo.

Hmm, pie.

AC > Gears 2 > Resistance 2 > Fable 2 (close to R2 except I think it'll tossle with Gears) > Wii Music (it'll be a hit, NOT like other Wii titles, but still bigger than most) > LBP (it'll have a good opening, nothing like the rest of these games, but it has legs. Dark Horse candidate)