By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 2 Metacritic Score (WTF!?)

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/resistance2?q=Resistance

Looks like it's going to be headed to another "86 or lower" meta score.

I had a lot of hopes for this game, but what's with the reviews?  There isn't 1, 100 MetaScore as of yet =/ 

Gamepro - Bigger, badder and better than the first, Resistance 2 improves upon the formula set by its predecessor in almost every way. Unfortunately, a handful of minor issues, such as less than stellar graphics, keep this game from reaching the high bar set by competing titles like "Call of Duty 4" and "Gears of War 2."

Huh?  They gave it an 80 and RFoM a 90, wtf am I missing something.  I thought you rated a higher score to a "better" game than it was before.  I guess I'm wrong, just wow...

Now, I can totally see it not being as graphically amazing as Gears 2, but CoD4, really!?

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Around the Network

yeah i am a little surprised. and yet not surprised.

There 360 fanboys,Im calling it before every PS3 fanboy comes in here and storms it with those types of comments...

Well it's on 90 right now..

Check out my game about moles ^

^pwnd

Around the Network
Garnett said:
There 360 fanboys,Im calling it before every PS3 fanboy comes in here and storms it with those types of comments...

lol beat me to it ..and i agree with ur comment as well.

The 100 reviews havent made it yet.

Metacritic won't add those reviews, but they give Gears 2 a 100 from 1up when it only got an A/A+ kinda weird aint it?

The usual complaints are typically going to be based solely on graphics, which is disappointing since it was Insomiac's ambition to take the resources and have more enemies and bosses that take up entire screens. I have yet to really hear anything bad about the gameplay, i guess graphics just matter more to some of these reviewers.

The game has moved up since then...

RFOM was a 90 vs the crappy launch lineup the PS3 had, the best game on the system at or near launch.

Since then however things have massivly improved.

Had RFOM released now gamepro would probably give it a 70 at best.

Some games can pass the test of time... others, just loose their appeal.  Shooters usually being largely in the category of the latter rather then the former.

I think it's simply a matter of the bar has been raised since Resistance 1. R2 while better than R1 isn't better or quite as good as other games now out.