By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Far Out Predictions: Pinball Hall of Fame (Wii) will top 1m sales

Ok, So I was going through the release dates and I ran across Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection and noticed a comment saying 10k sales in week 36.

So I decided to check out the sales history and I saw this graph. What is interesting about this, is that the sales have gone up, and by a lot. Game sales started out at 4k, and dropped down to 1.5k, seemingly to continue its slow death. But no! Sales have risen ever since then and have surpased 10k in a single week. Not only that, but on Amazon.com the game is charting at around 45-49 in Nintendo Wii sales charts. Now, most would say Amazon isn't a good indicator, but when it beats out the likes of Boom Blox, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, de Blob, Wario Land, you know that it is doing decent.

So anyways, I stared playing with some predictions based on the consistent rising sales and have come to some conclusions. (current sales are 170k units)

1) The game will have between 350k, and 380k sales by the time the game has been on shelves for 52 weeks. (180-210k sales in 16 weeks)

2) The game sales will top out around 16-20k in a single week

3) Before the game has been on shelves for 2 years, it will have sold at least 1m units, and I expect closer to 1.15m units.

Discuss

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

This is the best pinball sim I've ever played. It deserves to sell a million

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Wii has a lot of older gamers - like me - and this game is an excellent recreation of pinball games that we grew up on. Two on my friends also own it (one on Wii, the other PSP) so it's a hit with our generation (yes, scientifically proven with my totally antedotal info) and seems to be picking up speed via word of mouth.

I hope it does hit 1m 'cause I'm already dying for more pinball games to get this treatment.

This game is actually very interesting. Dream Pinball 3D came out shortly after, and managed only a few thousands of sales and was a complete disaster. In fact, that is how I would expect most pinball games to sell.

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=America&game1=Dream+Pinball+3D+-+Wii&reg2=America&game2=Dream+Pinball+3D+-+DS&reg3=America&game3=Pinball+Hall+of+Fame%3A+The+Williams+Collection+-+Wii&weeks=52&weekly=1

Pinball Hall of Fame, shows that there is a market for all kinds of games, provided they are done well.

There might not be room for 40 pinball games a year, but if it does as good as I predict, then who knows, the might just produce another game.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

This was the second "Hall of Fame" Pinball Collection. The Gotlieb Collection was on the PS2 and Xbox. (The Williams on the PS2 and Wii).

This one felt like a real pinball game -- unlike Dream Pinball 3D which felt like it was "made up."

Part of the reason the title sold so poorly was that no one knew about it. You could not buy this game new a lot of places. Gamestop did NOT carry it -- for example.

It definitely deserves the sales. It is a game that anyone who likes pinball and owns a Wii should buy.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

I'm so glad to see this title moving units. I looked for it at pretty much every video game retailer in my city with no luck. I had to buy it from Amazon.

Next up, Pinball Hall of Fame: The Bally Collection! (please, oh please, oh please)

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Pinball on a SDTV is painful.
I'd really like to be able to play my HDTV sideways to make it like a real pinball table.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

A Bally collection would be phenominal.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

bumping this for a prediction status update.

* I may have gunned to low for #2, as we already had a week with 20k sales.
* If sales don't dip to badly after the holidays, then #1 should be reached no problem.
* Amazon temporarily ran out of stock, which really scared me into thinking my prediction would be way off. Upon receiving more stock, they increased the price by $10 which means I may be right as demand must be high for them to increase the price.

The game was just at 330k in sales, but this week it dropped down to 190k! Any idea how that happened? Has that happened before to other games?