By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA target for adquisition: Disney possible siutor

From the Wall Street Journay:

With its stock plummeting 17 per cent on the back of its poor financial results, The Wall Street Journal is predicting that EA’s falling value could make it a target for acquisition – and it has fingered Disney as a possible suitor.

EA is current worth around $7.3 billion – down from the $19 billion value it commanded a few years ago

WSJ writes: “Any entertainment company could be interested in EA given continued growth in video game sales, the potential for cross-fertilisation with TV and film storylines, and advertisers' interest in buying space in games.

“Disney makes the most sense. EA's biggest assets include its sports games, such as Madden NFL, which would fit with Disney's ESPN cable network. Disney also could save at least part of the roughly $200 million it spends annually developing its own games.

“Disney could afford it. At June 30, its net debt was $11 billion, roughly 1.2 times Pali Research's estimate of 2008 earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization. Also, Disney's stock has massively outperformed EA's this year. At a 40% premium, EA would cost $7.7 billion excluding the cash.

Fuente:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/32202/Could-EA-be-a-target-for-Disney

EA + Di$ney = ...... nothing good I suppose.

Around the Network

go Disney, buy EA. EA might become a better company that way.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

KH3 for every possible platform!

wow the hunter has become the hunted

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Big fish eats the little fish...burps.

Around the Network

Disney buys EA.

DisnEA launches a new console to compete with the Wii in 2010.

Go Disney buy them!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Not likely. Unless Disney can see how they could stop the EA financial bleeding. How does EA have so many hits and still lose so much money? It's amazing really.

^Probably because they also have a lot of flops, and to me the company doesn't seem like it's well managed.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Cougarman said:
wow the hunter has become the hunted

Damn you, you beat me to it.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.