By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Epic find Gears 2 reviews “humbling”

crumas2 said:
Humbled is sometimes used to mean acceptance of accolades beyond expectation, as in a politician stating he is humbled by an overwhelming show of support.

I'm amazed that people pick out something like this and drive it into the ground.

not the same usage

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
crumas2 said:
Humbled is sometimes used to mean acceptance of accolades beyond expectation, as in a politician stating he is humbled by an overwhelming show of support.

I'm amazed that people pick out something like this and drive it into the ground.

not the same usage

The quote reads: “It’s really humbling to see such great review scores coming in so far..."

So I'd say that this is exactly the usage he was aiming for.  Though arguing semantics is rather trivial; can we agree that the game looks to be incredible?

agreed.

My problem was with the OP's title. Made it seem like bad reviews came out.

Gears 2is gnnapwn R2.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

nuh uh

Around the Network

It's easy to see who the English professors aren't.

Looking forward to Gears 2.

Dolla Dolla said:
It's easy to see who the English professors aren't.

Looking forward to Gears 2.

yup

Chrizum said:
It's amazing my English understanding is better than some native English speakers here.

And my English isn't that good at all.

I'm going to agree with you, sir. This is an appalling topic.

Khuutra said:
Chrizum said:
It's amazing my English understanding is better than some native English speakers here.

And my English isn't that good at all.

I'm going to agree with you, sir. This is an appalling topic.

Not really.   In the US saying you are "humbled" by something often means you have a feeling of gratitude.  I can understand how the quote would be confusing if you don't live here.  As I'm sure you are aware, America is full of slang terminology. 

Theprof00 is from the States, though.

That's just terrible.