By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto's Mistake and what it'll cost the Wii

>>There are a lot of problems with Wii Music. The first is that they ignored traditional gamers.

Around the Network

I have a urge to hate Wii music so it will sell. ^_^

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Snarf Barf said:
Hmmm. Let's look at Metacritc. Wow look at that Wii only has 5 exclusive games with a review of 90+. Yet the Wii still sells the best. Obviously reviews etc. have nothing to do with the success of Wii.

Most of the 90+ games are FPS. Now Wii does not excell in providing these (at least not until The Conduit) so they would say only 5 games are worth that score. The reason i bought Wii(apart that i've had nintendo consoles all my life) was not for shooters as i see the combination that the keyboard and mouse offers you form a P.C is greater than any controller.

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

bardicverse said:

That's great Jo, but Quaker is still selling oatmeal. See? I can be abstract and talk about unrelated products too. What is your point?

That General Mills has a blue ocean strategy with Cheerios?

the2bears - the indie shmup blog

If your serious about General Mills and Cheerios, I'm pretty sure Nutn' Brand is part a balanced daily diet also.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

i don't know how you can say it affects the wii though. Sure the game may sell below expectations (even though the sales will be quite high) but I don't see any reason why this will affect wii sales. I don't think you can even say that games like Lair and Too Human did anything bad to PS3 or 360 sales, they were hyped and when they came out they were ignored and people moved onto the next game. Wii music is not a bad game at all, it has its market it just failed to appeal to everyone.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I have to admit that it fell apart for me when you called Wii Fit old news when it's still selling over a million units per month.

bardicverse said:
Euphoria14 said:
bardicverse said:
We are approaching the Wii's 3rd birthday
Not going to agree or disagree just wanted to point out that we are approaching the Wii's 2nd Birthday, not the 3rd. It released on Nov. 19th in the US, Dec. 8th in Europe and Dec. 2nd in Japan. All in 2006.

I figured you meant to say 2nd birthday though since right after you said it has been the top selling system for 2 years.
right =) I was thinking its starting its 3rd year, not completed 3 years. Thanks ;)

Actually, though, bardicverse was technically right.  Your first birthday is the day you're born, right?  That certainly must qualify as a "birth day"!  You're zero years old at that point.  When you're one year old, that's your second birthday. 

It's the same way that we are, as of 2008, in the 21st century.  And the millennium changed over at the end of 2000, not 1999.  But being technically right doesn't stop you from missing all the parties.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Gamerace you could have just typed "I fail" instead of writing a full page of fail.

It's obvious that this game won't sell as much as Wii Fit and MK Wii but it will definitely sell more than any other music game this generation and there will be dozens of people willing to bet this with you.

No way in hell I'm going to buy Wii Music but I cannot be an ignorant like some people are and call it a flop when it's obvious that it's gonna bring Nintendo a huge profit.

Wii Music had a better first week in Japan than LBP, and LBP is huge!