By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where in the Zelda timeline would you like the next one to be?

Simple question really, where would you like the next Zelda to be in the timeline? It could be between already released games, before all of them or after them all, anywhere you like!

Think about what you would like to know more about, whether it be the twili or the flood.. and also think about what kind of gameplay you would like, sailing or no sailing etc

There are so many possibilities so be creative in your choice ;)

Around the Network

In the far future. Neon Cyber-punk cities. Epona is a motorbike.

Why is nobody posting on this thread? I actually think it's a really interesting question.

Although, thinking about it now, I reckon the Zelda games are set in parallel universes. If you read the story lines in the instruction booklets for the NES games then compare it with the later games, it doesn't add up. Impa is an old lady for a start.

Also, can anyone remember the setting for the SNES game? And WTF was the original Gameboy version all about? It was all set in the mind of a giant, flying whale.

Future; cyberpunk. But that's only because I've never liked the Zelda style (Wind Waker coming closest to me enjoying it since it was so different), but I do like Metroid games and thought MP3 didn't deserve to be called Metroid. So I thought I'd hijack Zelda.

Actually, a lot of Zelda items have Metroid equivalents: Hookshot -> Grapple Beam? Lens of Truth -> X-Ray Scope?

Metroid and Zelda were made at a very similar time, maybe even released on the same day? I believe both stemmed from a similar concept (open worlds with new areas restricted due to the lack of a certain item). I think it was a Miyamoto, but perhaps he worked on Zelda more. I can't remember, somebody correct me because I can't be bothered to look it up

Around the Network

I'd say if your gonna do medieval fantasy why not add more armies and potions and magic and catapolts?

i love catapolts.. :P

puffy said:
I'd say if your gonna do medieval fantasy why not add more armies and potions and magic and catapolts?

i love catapolts.. :P

Zelda RTS?

Well, if they can do Halo Wars and people don't think it devalues the franchise...

At a point where the story doesn't deal with rescuing the princes.... same goes for that red hatted plumber....

4 ≈ One

Hoffmole said:

That'd be awesome!

Mine would be:

At the start of the game, you play a traditional Zelda (world that's similar to our past in terms of tech) and you've got this clear cut bad guy (maybe Ganon, who knows) and you play through the game like you normaly would, except it's much shorter. When you reach the final boss, he/she/it transports you into the future using an item (say ocarina of time) and you wake up without any recollection of your past, as if the first part of the game were a dream. It's now modern day, CBD style area (I'm thinking tokyo).

Then miraculously you find your way into a museum and see a statue of Zelda, and that brings back all your memories, and in fact that isn't a statue, it's Zelda petrified into stone! So the rest of the game is you trying to work out what's happened to Zelda, and you find out that the bad guy that sent you forwards in time, is actually now the head of a corporation you work at, hiring you in order to keep watch over you. With Epona being a motocycle aswell.

Bit rough around the edges, but something like that'd be cool

CAL4M1TY said:
Hoffmole said:

That'd be awesome!

Mine would be:

At the start of the game, you play a traditional Zelda (world that's similar to our past in terms of tech) and you've got this clear cut bad guy (maybe Ganon, who knows) and you play through the game like you normaly would, except it's much shorter. When you reach the final boss, he/she/it transports you into the future using an item (say ocarina of time) and you wake up without any recollection of your past, as if the first part of the game were a dream. It's now modern day, CBD style area (I'm thinking tokyo).

Then miraculously you find your way into a museum and see a statue of Zelda, and that brings back all your memories, and in fact that isn't a statue, it's Zelda petrified into stone! So the rest of the game is you trying to work out what's happened to Zelda, and you find out that the bad guy that sent you forwards in time, is actually now the head of a corporation you work at, hiring you in order to keep watch over you. With Epona being a motocycle aswell.

Bit rough around the edges, but something like that'd be cool

dude I wish you work with Nintendo, I love your story

I have a Wii but I'am a moderate PS Fanboy Hoping for a PS3 price cut

Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet
to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.