By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Dvd vs. hard drive: Loading time comparisons

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/10/31/nxe-loading-time-comparison/

Each game took 11 minutues to copy to Hard Drive.

We will be able to save 15 seconds loading time.

Is it worth it?

I think not

Around the Network

Of course It's worth it duh. Less drive access = less RROD from what I understand.
Not to mention your XBox doesn't sound like a army of flesh eating Zergs are approaching as much anymore.

It's just that simple.

Happy to save any loading time and reduce noise. Again this is the 360 giving the user a choice, it is not mandatory.

duh, I forgot about the noise level.
change my mind - I think it's worth it.
gald I upgraded my HDD to 120g

I think that's worth it, you don't actually have to sit there for the 11 mins - just install over lunch or something.

Saving 15 s every time you load a game, and maybe 5 s every time you load a level sounds sweet.

Also what kowenicki says, and it saves your discs from wearing out

Around the Network

I would think the value of this would depend on the game ... If you're dealing with a game where there seems to be (fairly) constant loading from the disc it would probably be pretty worthwhile.

I like the sound; I like hearing an A380 take off...it provides an epic vibe.

Coca-Cola said:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/10/31/nxe-loading-time-comparison/

Each game took 11 minutues to copy to Hard Drive.

We will be able to save 15 seconds loading time.

Is it worth it?

I think not

15 seconds off the initial load time but how much off every other loadtime?  I think it's pretty worth it.  I probably won't do it the first time I play a game every time but I'll definately do it at some point for every game I play.

I think my hddvd add-on makes more noise.

MonstaMack said:
Of course It's worth it duh. Less drive access = less RROD from what I understand.
Not to mention your XBox doesn't sound like a army of flesh eating Zergs are approaching as much anymore.

I'm a bit confused by your post. Do you mean less hard drive access or less disc drive access? If you mean the hard drive then running all of your games on the hard drive = more drive acces = more RROD. If you mean the disc drive I simply don't understand, disc drives produce less heat than hard drives, and it is my understanding that RROD results from over heating. So it would in fact not be worth it.