By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Underrated games in this gen...so far

Shura said:
The world ends with you for the DS, This game is AWESOME, fresh, cool, with its own style. I really love this game, IGN put it in the number 5 of the best DS games, Maybe is not better than Castlevania Dawn of sorrow, but, its better than zelda, mario kart and NSMB, my top 5 would be TWEWY, Castlevania DoS and in third place, zelda.

It is in the top 10 games, and you just want it to be #1. That is hardly what I would call underated.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Saits Row(both), Kameo, Tenchu(360), EDF, Fable 2 (:-p)

most of PS3 games are underraterd

Looking at the Reviews:
Definately Fire Emblem:Radiant Dawn, in my opinion a flawless game, only with 78 on Metacritic with reviewers claming that is too hard or it looks like from last gen (but it does not affect game in anyway)

No More Heroes (both Sales and Reviews) great game, funny , intense filled with Action (one of the best new IP's this gen), it deserved higher sales and bigger praise, the sequel is coming out so hopefully it will please those who doubted the first one.

nordlead said:
Shura said:
The world ends with you for the DS, This game is AWESOME, fresh, cool, with its own style. I really love this game, IGN put it in the number 5 of the best DS games, Maybe is not better than Castlevania Dawn of sorrow, but, its better than zelda, mario kart and NSMB, my top 5 would be TWEWY, Castlevania DoS and in third place, zelda.

It is in the top 10 games, and you just want it to be #1. That is hardly what I would call underated.

You know, I mean underrated not for the scores (but it must be a 90+ game) of the reviewers, but for all the people.

Not  many people know thig game, and i would call that underrated, again, not for the low rates, but for the DS owners.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Around the Network

Opoona (Wii) is definitely underrated and has gained somewhat of a small cult following. It isn't SUPER MEGA AWESOME or anything, but it's a solid, old-school style RPG that gives off a certain charm like the Mother series. Last I checked, it has a 65 on Metacritic and it deserves a 75 or 80, with the biggest problems being the localization and maybe the in-game map (only really need a map for the first "town" area).

Haze, Enchanted Arms, Ninjabread Man, Vampire Rain and Bullet Witch. All ok games that did not deserve their low review scores. IMO they are under rated and unloved games of this console generation.

Are we talking in terms of sales or ratings?
OR VGChartz attention?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

nordlead said:
Actually, I take the second part back.

Super Paper Mario was an excellent game, but because people hate change this game has been way underrated.

On the contrary, I wanted them to take said change and really run with it. I didn't like how I could only be in 3D so briefly; it felt like I was being punished for using the game's hook. On the other hand, Fez showed what could be done with the concept.

OT: PangYa! needs more love.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Under rated in terms of low sales = Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, Ninja Gaiden 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, WarHawk, The Orange Box, Bioshock and a lot more on the PS3 and XBox 360.
Wii has done exceptionally well in terms of game sales .