By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

i was lurking the website forum randomly and found a thread complaining about the ads on VGchartz.

So I just skip to the bottom of the thread without reading anything and type

"Firefox + Adblockplus

/thread"

I get a 10 day ban from ioi because he thought it was disrespectful

Around the Network

I got banned for saying people who thought that Obama caused the Freddie Mae/Fannie Mac scandal were f'ing idiots.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

jesus kung fu magic said:
coolestguyever said:
My longest ban was for a month for referring to mexicans as "beaners"

I should have earned VG$ for humour, rather than a ban

WHAT !!!!!! Thats completely unfair, what kind of a world do we live in where we cant call a mexican a "beaner". THIS IS BLASPHAMY. Let me at the mod who banned you and the J man will set him straight

I agree absolutely!

I was banned 8 times for varying things......ranging from 1 day bans to month plus bans.....

I have told my ban story numerous times; I do not wish to experience what happened to me ever again.

Around the Network

i got banned for sayin "i second this" after konnichiwwa said "QFT" it was however lifted by the good ole naznatips

Despite many posts that said "I agree", "Wow", "?????", or ".", I have never been banned! I went into self exile for a month, though. I had to go and find the meaning of life. To my surprise, the meaning of life was boobs and VGChartz. Go figure.

Week ban for suggesting a gay subtext in sackboy fans

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

So the guy who's been warned for making nothing but self praising threads now admits to having been permanently banned previously?

oh Jesus Kungfu Magic...

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I was banned for being an "ignorant bigot" for saying unkind things about Muslims (when I was being sarcastically ironic, which, granted, does not always translate well on the intarweb). In reality, I'm fairly knowledgable on this particular faith and some of these people as it's part of my job as being in the Army means also being in the know on this stuff. I simply have a hard time saying anything nice about a faith that has been so easily skewed to use children as suicide weapons. I'm not going to try to stick to some hardcore liberal ideal that they're just a "poor misunderstood faith" in some desperate attempt to find further fault in a current war, with which I may or may not disagree. I don't mind speaking my mind or carrying around an unpopular opinion. Somebody has to.

That said, it was a slip of the... fingers, I suppose as I tend to avoid socio-political-religious conversations on gaming sites. I leave that stuff to the Metal site I post on where the discussions of such things are more cerebral. It seems to me that Metalheads are less afraid to speak their minds and less afraid to offend via opinion, so conversations can offer wider viewpoints with occasionally harsher overall tone. Also, it helps that the censorship policies on said site revolve around poor grammar and spelling, and blatantly idiotic posting rather than potentially bigotous behavior. Not that I don't think gamers are intelligent, but there's something unsettling about people who whine and bitch about violence and war, but spend the bulk of their time hunkered around extremely violent war-themed FPS games. Also, too many people these days get their "news" from foolhardy bloggers than actual news sources, leading to some truly mind-boggling stupidity in the internet community at times. More irony as the information age has led to some of the stupidest people being granted a free pass to spread their asininity willy-nilly into the minds of impressionably gullible anti-establishment fear-mongering fools.

Rant aside, I actually didn't know the ban was temporary until a few minutes ago when I discovered that I had a friend request from this site noted to me in my email. I would have known the ban was temporary if I could have logged into my account to see the ban notice. Is this intentional or an ironic accident? I couldn't post or log-in, so I got that I was banned--but how the hell was I supposed to find out the length of banning if I couldn't log in?