By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - For peopl in US: do ouknowhow to drive a stick?

I drive a 6 speed manual.

My first car was a 5 speed.

Haven't decided if my next car will be manual or automatic.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
lightbleeder said:
I'm not saying manual is better than automatic, nowadays some automatic transmissions can be superior for taking control of the car, I was just wondering if forum member from US know how to use a stick, I prefer manual myself. One friend of mine that lives in US bought a manual car there and he told me that the seller tried to convince him to buy an automatic, that's pretty weird...

1. Automatics cost more that manuals, at least in the US they do.
2. Why is that wierd? If your not trying to race all the time, what is the benefit of manual? All automatics will drop down in gear if you floor it to increase your performance for passing or something. Automatics are just easier. Your hands are always free to steer or eat or talk on phone or smack a kid or unzip pants and pull out ... oh sorry. I got sidetracked.

Might be illegal here, not sure

Definately illegal here

Probably illegal also, but I can't say I've ever heard of anyone arrested for it

Yes, I drive a stick. I have both though. I drive a Porsche 911 in the summer (manual), and in the winter drive a Full size Chevy 4x4 pickup (automatic).

Minnesota winters and rear wheel drive sports cars don't mix :(

I thought only witches drove sticks.
lol
Anyway, I drive a manual, for some reason I find automatics too complicated...don't ask me why, i just do

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:
lol
Anyway, I drive a manual, for some reason I find automatics too complicated...don't ask me why, i just do

Why?

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
Spankey said:
lol

Why?

I said dont ask!

Dammit!

lol

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

The car I share with my brother is manual. Had it for like 5 years now. It is the only car in my families fleet that is manual, other that my sisters car, but shes in Texas so it doesn't count. Everyone in my family can drive manual, and most of my friends can. I tried to get an ex girlfriend to learn on my car one time but she wasn't having it, stupid biatch.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.