By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Did anyone notice...

That the X-box 360 discs are now using the disc protecting cover that Bluray discs do. My nephew noticed this with Comand and Conquer and Civilization games.

Around the Network

Okay, no response for my first post. Mabye I should of made it more controvesial. Microsoft uses technology developed for PS3 for 360. The big copycats. Do they have to pay royalties to Sony? If they are willing to do this does it increase the odds of the next X-Box having Bluray?
P.S. I'm a PS3 owner by the way.

I did not notice it on my Fable 2 and Fallout 3 games?

*Leaves forums to go check...*

*Comes back to forums*

It's not on Fallout3, but Fable2 does feel smoother

but still who knows...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

uhhhhh, nope did not notice.

That would be awesome Spider Knight. That was the reason why I liked Blu-ray better than HD DVD, the coating is awesome. That would be cool. I haven't noticed, but I'll take a look at my games later to see.

haha, your right about people responding only to controversial posts. Your title is kind of against the rules though.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

I haven't notice lol.

Spider Knight said:
Okay, no response for my first post. Mabye I should of made it more controvesial. Microsoft uses technology developed for PS3 for 360. The big copycats. Do they have to pay royalties to Sony? If they are willing to do this does it increase the odds of the next X-Box having Bluray?

Rofl. The Post actually worked. Good Jope Spider Knight

4 ≈ One

and who cares anyway ???? I take the bet now in less than 5 years BR is dead or close to it...... let me correct that any disc support will be dead in less than five years.... if the next gen console is still using such support it's simple i'm not buying it... and trust me I'll do it... last console before XBox was dreamcast.... I can wait one or 2 gen if I don't agree with the concept.... Disc is a effing obsolete technology..... hell even DL is.... at least in 5 years IMO it will be... cloud/grid technology and live streaming is the minimum i expect from next gen..... I'm tired of the BS that it's not possible... hell it is... it's jsut too much investment for them.... they know they can suck more money doing it the old fashion way... but don't give me the tech limitation BS... this is not true.... or at least by then it won't be..... it;s like cellphones when I see the blackberry or the iPhone that stuff is a fucking joke... it's not a smart phone it's a scam..... they can do way better they just don't do it to turn in more profit...

Spider Knight said:

LOL, Post of the day

You mister know how this forum work :D

I have a Wii but I'am a moderate PS Fanboy Hoping for a PS3 price cut

Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet
to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.

I just thought the covering being used for 360 was neat and didn't see it mentioned anywhere. So it deserved a post.
@ endimion I believe some physical format will always be needed for software. Not everyone will always be able to download for whatever reason. The idea of bringing back cards or cartridges does intrigue me. I miss almost nil load times.