By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Circuit City Launches "Gamer Savings Club"

A not-so-shameless plug from a Circuit Employee.

Circuit is finally putting in some effort into building gamer loyalty. In addition to becoming a premier sponsor of the World Cyber Games , Circuit City will officially launch the "Gamer Savings Club" on July 29th.

For $19.99 per year, customers will receive a personalized membership card entitling them to many unique benefits. GSC members will save 10% on Video Games, PC Games, Video Game Accessories (including the Xbox 360 HD-DVD player), Strategy Guides, and Pre-Orders. As a result, Circuit City will be the only retailer offering 10% off new games.

I'm really happy to see ANY major retailer recognize the gaming community as a market worth targeting.

What do you guys think? I know I'll pick it up...it exceeds our employee discount on most items! =P

EDIT: Mods, I wasn't sure where to put this. Move it if you must.  

Around the Network

Interesting. I'll stick to my used games at Gamestop, though.

Wow nice deal!. I might have to rethink my local retail loyalties, but they have to be able to back this up with stock because I am not going to stay loyal to them if they don't have games in stock for me to save on!

But if you buy 4 $50 dollar games a year this thing pays for itself.

To Each Man, Responsibility

10% off of new games is definitely nice, but then again I would have to go into a Circuit City and, well, I just hate them.

Same here. I stood in line for 2 hours in line after the store opened waiting to pick up my copy of Pokemon D/P. They never have their act together, especially with new releases.

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
Wow nice deal!. I might have to rethink my local retail loyalties, but they have to be able to back this up with stock because I am not going to stay loyal to them if they don't have games in stock for me to save on!

As of late, Circuit has also been running a guaranteed in stock by 2 p.m. promotion on major titles with firm release dates.  If it's not in stock, you get a $20 gift card. Games that carry this guarantee are always specified as such in the national ad. *shrug* 

Nice deal, but I will remain a Microplay man. There's a great selection of used games, the guy that runs it is really nice, and it's closer!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Good deal if there were a Circuit City conveniently near me. ;> At $20 a year and $5 off every $50 game, you'd only need to buy 4 Wii games (or 360/PS3 games) a year to break even, not counting accessories and the like. Or 6 DS games or 5 PSP games, etc. Pretty much a sure thing even for me Mr. 1 game very 2 months. :P

Saintelistan86 said:
Sqrl said:

As of late, Circuit has also been running a guaranteed in stock by 2 p.m. promotion on major titles with firm release dates. If it's not in stock, you get a $20 gift card. Games that carry this guarantee are always specified as such in the national ad. *shrug*

Not quite.  The games are guaranteed to be placed on the shelves by 2PM and it doesn't cover the game selling out before 2PM.  So they could have the game on the shelves at 10AM, sell out at noon and you're out of luck at 2PM.

It's very difficult to get people to join memberships like this when there's a recurring fee involved.