By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony has FFXIII targetting Japan, GT5 targetting Euro. What about US???

makingmusic476 said:
Reject said:
It reslly looks to be:

Japan: RE5, FFXIII, WKC, FFXIII Versus
EU: GT5 and I think thats all it needs
NA: Lots and lots of shooters with GOW 3

RE5 won't be that big in Japan.  RE 1-3 sold like gangbusters in japan, but RE4 not so much.  RE4 was much bigger in NA and Europe than in Japan.

RE5 was reight up there in terms of most wanted games in Japan, true it is not Monster Hunter 3 or FFXIII popular but it is a million seller over there. WKC though, I doubt it will sell more than 200k in Japan looking how TOV did on the 360 but I do expect 2M FFXIII sales for PS3 in Japan.

Around the Network
deathgod33 said:
God of War 3, whenever it comes out.

How did I forget about this game.  It's probably their biggest NA title in the works.  The first one sold over 2.5 million in NA alone.  The sequel has only managed to sell 1.6 million thus far, but it did release well after the next gen had begun (March 2007), and has only been out a year and a half.

Reject said:
makingmusic476 said:
Reject said:
It reslly looks to be:

RE5 won't be that big in Japan.  RE 1-3 sold like gangbusters in japan, but RE4 not so much.  RE4 was much bigger in NA and Europe than in Japan.

RE5 was reight up there in terms of most wanted games in Japan, true it is not Monster Hunter 3 or FFXIII popular but it is a million seller over there. WKC though, I doubt it will sell more than 200k in Japan looking how TOV did on the 360 but I do expect 2M FFXIII sales for PS3 in Japan.

Must've missed my edit.  RE 1-3 all sold over 1.5 million in Japan.  RE4 barley broke the 750k mark between the ps2 and GC versions combined.

Japanese gamers just have better taste when it comes to RE.  :P

makingmusic476 said:
Reject said:
makingmusic476 said:
Reject said:
It reslly looks to be:

Must've missed my edit.  RE 1-3 all sold over 1.5 million in Japan.  RE4 barley broke the 750k mark between the ps2 and GC versions combined.

LOL yep but I myself will be giving RE5 a miss, it is now just a shooter instead of what made the franchise do great....survival horror.

It's obviously KZ2. Sony is sinking a shitload of money into this game hoping it's going to be the next Halo.

Around the Network
Reject said:
makingmusic476 said:
Reject said:
makingmusic476 said:
Reject said:
It reslly looks to be:

LOL yep but I myself will be giving RE5 a miss, it is now just a shooter instead of what made the franchise do great....survival horror.

Agreed.

makingmusic476 said:
Reject said:
makingmusic476 said:
Reject said:
makingmusic476 said:
Reject said:
It reslly looks to be:

RE5 won't be that big in Japan. RE 1-3 sold like gangbusters in japan, but RE4 not so much. RE4 was much bigger in NA and Europe than in Japan.

Must've missed my edit. RE 1-3 all sold over 1.5 million in Japan. RE4 barley broke the 750k mark between the ps2 and GC versions combined.

Japanese gamers just have better taste when it comes to RE. :P

Agreed.

Ditto....RE 5 looks like the MOST boring hyped game ever = most overhyped game ever!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

How do you think WKC will sell? To me it looks to be a good seller in Japan, 300K lifetime sales looks good.

Its a all around attack.

Killzone2
Resistance 2
MAG
GT5
god of War

they pretty much got the male mind of 16-3ish covered as good as possible.

kowenicki said:
US is over. Wii360 wins

Halo and Gears and especially Wii Sports are huge there and R2 and K2 arent going to overhaul them.

Fixed it for ya