By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Gran Turismo a big system selling franchise?

Over 900 cars have been announced..... Wikipedia!

Around the Network

No, not really. It only sells to existing owners. Not one of the games in the series have been worth pick up a system for.

What? Someone had to do the trolling in this thread! All the fanboys have been far too slow on this one.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

As far as hyped games go.  Not necessarily best sellers, but how much people worship the games like a god.

Japan - Dragon Quest
America - Halo
Europe - Gran Turismo

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

i think yes its a huge game specially in europe

kowenicki said:
won't gt5 fans already have a ps3 for gt prologue? just asking... i would imagine lots will.

The GT prologue games sell around 1-2 millions. The full games sell about 9-10 millions. That should give you an indicator.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

It is a massive system seller but what the sales of GTAIV tell us is it will probably need an affordable console to be a substantial system seller.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Phrancheyez said:
Mark my words..

Gran Turismo 5 will give a larger hardware boost to the PS3 than any single game for any current console out for the duration of this generation of platforms.

Set that in stone.

I'll have to see it to believe it... Halo 3 pushed the 360 up to like 500k plus the month of it's release... that's just the US... GT5 will do well, but it'll have a hard time pushing the PS3 to that level and it's getting late in the game... perhaps if a price drop occures before release

Cueil said:
Phrancheyez said:
Mark my words..

Gran Turismo 5 will give a larger hardware boost to the PS3 than any single game for any current console out for the duration of this generation of platforms.

Set that in stone.

I'll have to see it to believe it... Halo 3 pushed the 360 up to like 500k plus the month of it's release... that's just the US... GT5 will do well, but it'll have a hard time pushing the PS3 to that level and it's getting late in the game... perhaps if a price drop occures before release

If there are any brains left in SOE they'll time GT5 with a pricedrop and the resulting synergy will be crazy. But hey, they used Europe to dump their sixaxis stock so who knows what will happen - the continent has already voted to swallow whatever they do.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I bought a PS to play Gran Turismo. I bought a PS2 to play Gran Turismo. I bought a PS3 to play Gran Turismo. Gran Turismo sells systems like winter sells warm clothing.

@twingo hah loved 'GT is car bible by the car pope'

@Gnizmo haha great trolling. We appreciate your fine efforts!

"This is the deep-dish, delicious irony endured by the Nintendo stalwart: to see their platform of choice ascendant, even as their bright God turns his face away."

Tycho Brahe

Bitmap Frogs said:
Cueil said:
Phrancheyez said:
Mark my words..

Set that in stone.

If there are any brains left in SOE they'll time GT5 with a pricedrop and the resulting synergy will be crazy. But hey, they used Europe to dump their sixaxis stock so who knows what will happen - the continent has already voted to swallow whatever they do.

What does SOE have to do with GT5?