By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Gran Turismo a big system selling franchise?

Mark my words..

Gran Turismo 5 will give a larger hardware boost to the PS3 than any single game for any current console out for the duration of this generation of platforms.

Set that in stone.

Around the Network
Zuhyc said:
Seihyouken said:
Zuhyc said:
It is, but GT 5 is releasing way too late. In 2010, the console war (which I mean, who will be in 2nd place) will already be decided.

It's a good thing for Sony that it's coming in 2009 then.

Really? I must have missed that.

That's not surprising considering that this news just hit yesterday.

http://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchis-best-interview-ever/

"Kazunori laughed at the notion of a 2010 release date for Gran Turismo 5, and said it will be released sooner than expected."

easily the biggest racing fame franchise. And especially HUGE IN EUROPE. This makes me happy :)

GT5 will be big, selling software and hardware, but because its so far away it might not be able to make much of a difference....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

But surely games released a few years after a console still moves systems, FFXIII will be huge for PS3 in Japan and that releases next year, that alone would negate any steps forward the 360 has made in Japan....or I am over exaggerating the popularity of FF?

Around the Network

When GT5 comes and iam guessing PS3 will be $299, any one with a brain can see wii like sales. Especially in Europe.

GT is PS King, even car manufactures kiss its ass.

If you really want to understand the might of this franchise think about this, Gt is the reason Mitsu Lan EVo and NIssan Skyline became popular enough for them to be sold in markets other then Japan.

Nissan worked with PD on the GTR, Citroen designed a car with them.

^ An exclusive release of FF in Japan would be an enormous benefit to the PS3. Look what TOV did for the 360 in Japan. PS: Monster Hunter would have helped there also.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Not quite as big this gen, it actually has some decent competition for Forza and the Race Driver series. It used to be the only driving game worth buying, but not so much anymore.

Tease.

Forza 1 and 2 sales are good but pathetic compared to GT so I doubt sales for GT5 will be under 4M.

Reject said:
Forza 1 and 2 sales are good but pathetic compared to GT so I doubt sales for GT5 will be under 4M.

Forza 2 sales are 4 million.

Race Driver Grid sales are ~1 million on all platforms.

So Forza 3 sales could exceed 5 million so long as they do a good job.

Mario Kart will probably have sold 15 million by the time GT5 comes out.

Its all competition whether direct or indirect for GT5.

Tease.