By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Meet Your 'lil Brother: Live Tracking of Fallout 3 Metrics/Sales

Very impressive numbers for Fallout 3, since it's had one day to sell. It's going to be huge, just like Fable 2. Forum isn't working, but I will post comparison #s very shortly.

Fable 2 Day Fallout 3
2,226 -1 916
11,447 0 7,330
12,348 1 7,863
13,715 2
16,414 3 (PAL)
16,873 4
16,759 5
14,616 6
12,843 7

At any rate, you can see that Fallout 3 is at roughly 64% of the Fable 2 number. That may seem low, but Fallout 3 has less online content, therefore may be less represented by online data samples.

Because of this, one can't say for certain how it's going to end up. But if these numbers hold similarly, in the West, we can expect first week sales of roughly 640,000 units. However, due to the skewing of online/offline gaming habits, I would be willing to say that F3 may have be under-represented slightly.

640,000-750,000 first week for the X360. If numbers hold as they have for other similar PS3 titles, expect around 350,000-400,000 for the PS3 version.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Good news

Fallout 3 deserves to sell at least a little more than Fable 2. Unfortunately it won't. It's a lock for a 2.5+ million seller on 360 though.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Good news for Fallout 3. Games are selling like gangbusters on 360.

Yah, I really hope this does well. I love Bethesda games!

Around the Network
erikers said:
Fallout 3 deserves to sell at least a little more than Fable 2. Unfortunately it won't. It's a lock for a 2.5+ million seller on 360 though.

Disagree, but it does deserve to do very well. Gonna hopefully rent out a copy this weekend.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
erikers said:

Disagree, but it does deserve to do very well. Gonna hopefully rent out a copy this weekend.

Gonna be pretty hard to finish a 60 hour game in a rental.  Maybe you could finish Fable 2 though.

erikers said:
Shadowblind said:
erikers said:

Gonna be pretty hard to finish a 60 hour game in a rental.  Maybe you could finish Fable 2 though.

fallout 3 can be beat in 75 minutes

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

"If numbers hold as they have for other similar PS3 titles, expect around 350,000-400,000 for the PS3 version."

It's going to be interesting to see it sell that strongly on the ps3, with the launching of LBP...alot of ps3 owners will double buy or maybe just more will buy in general.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

MrBubbles said:
erikers said:
Shadowblind said:
erikers said:

Gonna be pretty hard to finish a 60 hour game in a rental. Maybe you could finish Fable 2 though.

fallout 3 can be beat in 75 minutes

And Super Mario 64 can be beaten in 11 minutes and Oblivion in less than a half hour.   I'm talking about the time for a normal person who does everything in the game.  That would be interesting though if reviewers put glitch times and speed runs into reviews as game lengths.  "This game will last you around 4 minutes if you glitch correctly"