By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Online Games

Wouldn't it be good to add the Xbox Live Arcade, Sony Playstation Store, and Wii online store purchases to VGCHARTZ?  I think they are becoming more and more relevant as game publishers are starting to create new original content for the online console stores.

Around the Network

Is there enough tracking of the individual games to give an accurate number? Only thing I've ever heard from Nintendo on the VC is how many games they've sold in total.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

ceres said:
Is there enough tracking of the individual games to give an accurate number? Only thing I've ever heard from Nintendo on the VC is how many games they've sold in total.

I don't know...  But it seems kind of interesting that we are ignoring a segment of the market that is growing rapidly and becoming more and more relevant. 

I only really know about the XBox ones as those are the ones I download even though I have a Wii as well.  With that said, Bomberman Live! was just release and it would be interesting to have those sales in the mix...  And what about sales of Sierra's Switchball when it comes out...  And then the traditionals like Pac-man, Joust, Defender, etc.  Don't they count?  Someone has to be tracking that stuff somewhere.  They just don't put the services up and not know how many sales are made.  What about paid maps for games like Gears of Wars, Oblivion, etc?

Maybe a separate chart for them as there are so many now...  Maybe not...  I'm just wondering if anyone else likes the idea and whether its possible...

The only thing this concerns me is how we would track full games like WarHawk, which is being released on PSN and in stores. If we don't track these, we will possibly miss majority of the sales.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

i don't think any PSN games have sales posted, anyone know different?

Around the Network

It would be very interesting to include these, although it would probably take some time to set this up.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

gitanil said:
The only thing this concerns me is how we would track full games like WarHawk, which is being released on PSN and in stores. If we don't track these, we will possibly miss majority of the sales.

give them different icons like is done with multi-platform games...  All the online stuff is just another platform.

any chance of Virtual Console, Xbox Live Arcade and Play Station Network sales ??

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>