By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I'm sure that by the end of next year the wii will have 50 percent of the market share.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
I'm sure that by the end of next year the wii will have 50 percent of the market share.

No it won't.

Proof is in the pudding.

EDIT: feh

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

I posted my feelings about this in another thread just today but I'll make this a quick post and say that I don't think the Wii will hit 50% market share. Or if it does somehow, it won't hold that percentage for the generation. I expect the Wii too get about 45%, PS3 with 30% and the 360 will have 25%.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

This weeks numbers up.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network
superchunk said:
28weeks is WAY too long. This would put it out in

It will happen before March of 2009.

Yes, it should be 28 Days...

o_0;;

EDIT: Also, good work on the thread. It won't stop people from posting new threads, but this will at least give me some raw numbers to look at! ^_^

The BuShA owns all!

Numbers for the Week ending the 08th of November 2008 are up, excluding a minor adjustment of the PS3. It's so tiny I won't bother. All the numbers are right, it's just that the adjustment doesn't show...

This week Wii gained .066% marketshare, and it would at this pace take 56 week for it to reach 50% marketshare.

This is invisible text!

Numbers for the Week ending the 15th of November 2008 are up, including all adjustments this time :)

This week Wii gained .109% marketshare, and it would at this pace take 28 week (again!) for it to reach 50% marketshare.

Including adjustments, the Wii has gained a total of 691,796 units during the last 4 weeks, putting the avarage (including adjustments) at 172,949 units per week. This would put the wii on track to overtake the PS360 combined in 19 more weeks.

Naturally, this number is very skewed since the Wii has not outsold the PS360 by that much since I started measuring.

In terms of marketshare percentage, the Wii has gained a total of 0.617%

I'll put all of this up in a spreadsheet soon, so calculations will go a lot easier. For now, I do it all by hand, and hence I tend to be lazy and only do the simple calculations. When I've done the spreadsheet I'll give a picture of how it would look without adjustments.

This is invisible text!

- ignore

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Yet another week of Wii closing the gap.

The gap is now below 3 million!

If it keeps going like this, Wii will reach 50% in another 16 weeks, since it's closing the gap at an amazing 185k per week over the last 5 weeks.

This is invisible text!