By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sarah Palin sent me a letter....

and all she wanted was money!

Was kinda funny really... talking about how Obama is raking in crazy cash and the like.

How the heck i got put on this mailing list though I don't know.

Like even if i wanted to contribute (I don't) or even was going to vote for them.  Would the money even get there in time?

One of these days when i get sent one of these letters i'm going to do the old brick trick.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

Like even if i wanted to contribute (I don't) or even was going to vote for them.  Would the money even get there in time?

This, they must be hard up.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
Kasz216 said:

This, they must be hard up.

I guess they could always pull a Hillary Clinton and run up a huge debt and then ask Barak Obama to pay it off when he wins.

I've really got to start re-researching the 3rd party candidates that will be on the ballot.  Barr looks ok... but some of his ideas are somewhat scary.

I have to admit that in 2006 an email with Barack Obama's face and message in it convinced me to donate $25 to Sheldon Whitehouse's campaign. You just can't resist Barack's face, even back then!

I haven't donated anything this election.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

If you ask me, the best thing you can give to a political campaign is your time. Having some young, sensible (not indoctrinated) people out there being seen supporting the party truly creates a dynamic, positive image that a bunch of old people can't. No offense to old people, they bring a sense of stability to parties.

Around the Network

Theese guys never recieved a letter :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9V_aOCga0

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

My wife donated $15 to Obama and then she got an e-mail from Al Franken asking for money.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
My wife donated $15 to Obama and then she got an e-mail from Al Franken asking for money.

Yeah but i've never given any money to anybody.  I'm way to close to the middle to get that involved in a campaign. 

The only political fund i'd donate money to is the "Make Lyndon Larouche the ambassador of Antartica" fund.

and should that ever take off the "Nuke Antartica" fund.

I'll donate to both of those funds, and I don't care which one happens first. They LaRooshbags are actually spreading at my campus, all acting high and mighty 'cuz he predicted the current economic problems every year for 50 years in a row (ignoring that he was wrong 49 times out of 50).

Kasz216 said:

and all she wanted was money!

Most hookers, peelers and crackheads I know want money too.

OT: I am in Texas - not even a battleground state - and we have been hit with a ton of junk mail from campaigns - and robocalls. Dang. I could fill a couple landfills with this crap.