By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Far Cry 2 AI Frustrations.

I've currently played through 70% of Far Cry 2, and I think it's a very good game apart from the AI.

For Example. I was given a mission in which I had to blow up a few nitrous cylinders which were located in a well protected area, so I got in my Jeep and headed towards the cylinders. On my way there I had to force through a couple of Roadblocks, and each time I forced myself through one, an enemy Jeep chased after me. Once I realized that I was being chased I did some skilled off-road driving and I took numerous short cuts to evade them. I then drove on for another 5 minutes until I was near the area where the cylinders were located. I ditched my Jeep so it could not be seen as I crept towards the area. I was moving slowly in very tall dried grass when I realized that I was being shot at! I looked up and saw that a sniper very very very far away was sniping me and shooting me in the head when I was sprinting. Since I had no sniper rifle I decided to retreat a little and find cover. It was at this moment I realized that I was now being shot at with an AK-47. I looked around everywhere but couldn't see where the bullets where coming from so I sprinted up to higher ground. I then saw that It was the enemies from those roadblocks I had passed miles ago! Then even more bullets began to come my way as the enemies from the proteted area closed in on me.

So there I was being sniped by a sniper that could of never seen me, getting machine gunned by enemies that I evaded like 4 miles ago and that could of never tracked or followed me, and being headshotted by guys that where so far away from me I could hardly see them. And all this was on Normal difficultly.

When the AI cheats like that I wouldn't like to play it on hard mode

Around the Network

Stuff like that drives me mental. The COD games on veteran (especially COD 3) are prime examples of cheap, frustrating AI.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Stuff like that drives me mental. The COD games on veteran (especially COD 3) are prime examples of cheap, frustrating AI.

Yep. COD3 on Veteran drove me up the walls too. I think it's due to the developers trying too hard to make the AI realistic, and overdoing it making the enemies have superhuman skills.