By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Is my PC any good?

I have a notebook andd was wondering if it would be any good for Fallout 3 and/or COD: WaW.

Specs =

OS Name    Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version    6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Name    HALOGAMER1989
System Manufacturer    Hewlett-Packard
System Model    HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC
System Type    X86-based PC
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T5250  @ 1.50GHz, 1500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    Hewlett-Packard F.33, 11/12/2007
SMBIOS Version    2.4
Windows Directory    C:\Windows
System Directory    C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale    United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
User Name    HALOGAMER1989\Michael
Time Zone    Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory    2.00 GB
Available Physical Memory    913 MB
Total Virtual Memory    1.94 GB
Available Virtual Memory    689 MB
Page File Space    0 bytes

Thanks!

Around the Network

You didn't list any graphics cards or whether it's on-board. That would be the most telling aspect of the whole laptop.

If it's on- board graphics (and judging by the RAM figures it is), don't even bother trying to boot either game. If it's a discrete solution, let us know which.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

It seems it a Nvidia 7150M and it is below minimum requirements.

You might want to take your name out of the OP as well unless you want people calling you by it.

The GPU is a Nvidia GeForce 8600 MS w/ 256 MB adapter RAM.

Around the Network

There is a little good in all of us!

Should be ok. What's your game rating?

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

frybread said:
Should be ok. What's your game rating?

My Vostro lappy with a 1.4ghz Core 2 Duo and a meager 8400m GS can play most games, at least on the lowest settings for the newest ones. The 8600m isn't up to desktop performance standards, but it is a lot better than what I have, so you should be able to atleast play almost everything.

epsilon72 said:
My Vostro lappy with a 1.4ghz Core 2 Duo and a meager 8400m GS can play most games, at least on the lowest settings for the newest ones. The 8600m isn't up to desktop performance standards, but it is a lot better than what I have, so you should be able to atleast play almost everything.

Perhaps but look at what 2 games he asked about.  I doubt an 8600 GS will run either of those games with playable frame rates even on the lowest settings.

The rEVOLution is not being televised