By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Vista is doomed

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/10/28/vista-doomed

Really funny article.  That picture of Bill Gates with the stone tablets is great.

Around the Network

"[...] And an angel did hold a stone before us, upon which was carved a list of other signs of Vista's apocalypse. These included continued OEM sales of XP downgrade licenses and only 10 percent enterprise adoption. [...]"

Seriously, where did he get that from? We never thought XP would be taken seriously at first, and look, it's almost on everyone's work computer! o_O

Or maybe I got that whole part wrong...

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Windows 7 scheduled to be released early 2010; Vista death march begins!

At work, we are still on XP and at home, Vista runs my home network just fine, so I don't hate on Vista, but I can see why it's going to have a very short life.

SHMUPGurus said:

"[...] And an angel did hold a stone before us, upon which was carved a list of other signs of Vista's apocalypse. These included continued OEM sales of XP downgrade licenses and only 10 percent enterprise adoption. [...]"

Seriously, where did he get that from? We never thought XP would be taken seriously at first, and look, it's almost on everyone's work computer! o_O

The "Only 10 percent enterprise apoption" is how many businesses have converted from XP to Vista.  If they haven't converted to Vista yet with Windows 7 almost here, they probably never will.

TRios_Zen said:

At work, we are still on XP and at home, Vista runs my home network just fine, so I don't hate on Vista, but I can see why it's going to have a very short life.

oh that's soon I guess

Around the Network
Senlis said:
SHMUPGurus said:

The "Only 10 percent enterprise apoption" is how many businesses have converted from XP to Vista.  If they haven't converted to Vista yet with Windows 7 almost here, they probably never will.

Yeah, and it was Windows 2000/Me before XP, or whatever if you travel back in time. It's called ''adaptation.''

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

TRios_Zen said:

My understanding was that Windows 7's release date has been pushed to June 31, 2009. The same day the cut-off of Windows XP downgrades machines.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/06/24/Microsoft_VP_confirms_Windows_7_ship_date_January_2010_1.html
http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/10/06/xp-gets-six-months-death-row

Looks like I was misinformed on that one. Release date for Windows 7 looks to be Jan 2010.

Still, that is not that far away for people waiting through Vista.

SHMUPGurus said:

Almost half of all businesses used Windows 2000 when Microsoft finally dropped support for it, and that was after XP had been on the market for 4 years.

MS has always had problems with getting business to upgrade, and Vista was hopefully going to change that. It hasn't. 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Microshaft should get sued for creating such trash, i mean xp is good but going backwards to vista is just not fair

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st