By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW Million Sellers Race

WiteoutKing said:
The Wii won't catch up, and will in all likelihood fall behind. The PS3 will stay about toe-to-toe with the Wii, and the 360 will churn out half a dozen without question.

Just something to consider ... As a general rule you aren't going to see a console have dramatically higher game sales per system sold in a given time frame than another system (2 to 1 would be pretty remarkable); depending on how popular certain big games are (Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto, Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl) there high sales (5 Million+) could prevent enough games from becomming Million sellers to sway this competition in any direction.

On a side note, I just wanted to mention something ... Probably the 2 main reasons why Metroid Prime 2 sold worse than Metroid Prime was the number of high quality (big selling) games that were released within 6 weeks of it (Halo 2, Half-Life 2, World of Warcraft, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas) and the Gamecube was at a low point in terms of popularity.

Metroid Prime 3 has been (effectively) moved in the release schedule not to directly compete against many of these titles and the Wii is far more popular than the Gamecube ever was; I don't see how this game couldn't break 1 Million units before the end of the year.

Around the Network

I think Dirt for x-box 360 has a chance of selling a million, as rally games do very well in the europian market.

At the end of 2007

X-box 360 - 10
Wii - 5
PS3 - 3

Aren't you forgetting some games already out? I think Tiger Woods, Big Brain Academy and Pokemon will make it over 1 million this year.

We could do a small predicition game. State your guesses for number of WW Million Sellers (shipments, the numbers as stated in that chart) for the end of 2007. I'll update the first post with your guesses. Last day to make a guess will be this sunday.

Don't forget that Wii Sports has racked up 1+ million in sales unbundled in Japan this year.

Frasman said:
I think Dirt for x-box 360 has a chance of selling a million, as rally games do very well in the europian market.

At the end of 2007

X-box 360 - 10
Wii - 5
PS3 - 3

Do you mean new million sellers? So in total that would make X360:28, Wii:12 and PS3:4?

Around the Network

By the way, last-gen figures:

Xbox: 38
GC: 41
PS2: 189

Geez, never knew the PS2 had so many million sellers. That is insane... Probably to be expected considering the size of the user base but still, whew.

Games i'm currently playing:

The figures have just been updated.

currently
X360: 21
Wii: 8
PS3: 1

what with MotorStorm? sony announced the game as a million seller.

http://www.us.playstation.com/News/PressReleases/402

yuda398 said:
what with MotorStorm? sony announced the game as a million seller.

http://www.us.playstation.com/News/PressReleases/402

We are pretty close - 980k. Maybe game is just pending for an update.

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=3850