By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto reactions to bad Reviews on Wii Music

Has anyone here actually played the game to see how good or bad it is? I can't really give an opinion cuz i just find all these games boring, whether it's guitar hero or rockband and therefore I don't think i deserve to give an opinion on the matter.

The only thing which worries me if I were to be someone who enjoys musical games, is what most people have written- Wii music requires no skill :s

The quote from Miyamoto is even more worrying since he doesn't deny what the reviewer has written, but he just comes to say that they didn't review according to the audience it will be going out to. Does this mean the audience will be little kids and granny's or something :S

Around the Network

How can anyone not be happy with that answer? He respects the other guy's opinion! He isn't upset someone didn't like his game, because he knows everything cannot reach everybody.

And everyone, read the entire review, it gives a bit more perspective on what he has said, and I doubt many of you would have said what you said if you had bothered to read the review.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

kingofwale said:
Okay, can Miyamoto actually believe in his heart that Wii music is a good game? Seriously now.

I mean, I know developers don't talk about their failed games, but in their heart, they know if their own game is not deserving a good score.

Yes, Wii Music is one of the best games of our time. No one else realizes it's genius because it does not fit the parameters we see.

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2008/09/22/why-wii-music-is-genius/

Fei-Hung said:
The only thing which worries me if I were to be someone who enjoys musical games, is what most people have written- Wii music requires no skill :s

This is such a lie. I can honestly tell you it's the most dificult game I played this generation, and that it's not even hard since all games around today require no skills. Anyone who plays the so called "hardcore" games can end it... it's just a metter if they have the patiente to do it or not.

The games are becoming more and more about experience than skill (and that's why Mario Galaxy it's so damn wonderful... it provides a superb experience), and this game - Wii Music - delivers something I was hoping for a long time and didn't get.

Whille GTA's, GoW's and so on (which I own) will end their lifetime in one or tow years, Wii Music will still be played in 20 years, and then seen as landmark in the industry (of course, for the ones into it).

Highest selling lowest rated game confirmed?

This system cycle is so wierd, most of the top rated games are much much lower on sales that other games that were rated whole points lower than them. In 4 years maybe the picture will become more vivid for some.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

Miyamoto is cool. That's all I'll say.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

konnichiwa said:
He will not be nice and calm if he gets his hands on the gameinformers review;

Game Informers has no credibility when it comes to the Wii. Its writers hate the console. The magazine barely covers it. This despite a reader survey which showed there were more Wii owners than PS3 owners.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I think what all of you are missing is: He knew off the top of his head who wrote the review. He now knows the name. He has noticed the ant that is Matt.

If I were Matt, I would not sleep well from now on.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Genius is never appreciated in its time.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

That person simply didn’t like what we presented in “Wii Music.”

You could say the same things about Ninjabread Man. Perhaps the game is simply bad? Or the concept is stupid? I mean I wouldn't expect the developer to acknowledge it anyway.