By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Laying to rest any rumors of MGS4 on 360

http://kotaku.com/gaming/addendum/eleventh-reason-why-mgs4-is-ps3-only-282124.php

"Ashcraft has given us ten top-shelf reasons why Metal Gear Solid 4 is, at least for the moment, a PS3 exclusive. From cake to flowers to my innocent, cherubic face, which developers are unable to lie to, they all check out. Sony's Peter Dille has now been so kind as to provide us with an eleventh. Speaking with Gamasutra, Dille was asked what the deal was with Konami casting some doubt on the title's exclusivity just before E3.
'There was something that came out prior to (the Sony E3 keynote) announcement. Our folks have talked to the Konami folks, and until the announcement was out from our side, I think they were being a little bit cagey. But the agreement calls for exclusivity, the announcement's been made, and now people know the real story.'

The agreement calls for exclusivity. Doesn't get much more cast-iron than that. Unless you want to poke at the term exclusive, but just for today, let's not.
What's the Dille? Sony's Marketing Head Gets Heated [Gamasutra]"

Ahh, where is johnlucas to say MGS4 will not be on the PS3 when you need him?

Around the Network

Yep, that's pretty conclusive. I just read that myself, was going to post it.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

The rumours however wont die until the game has been released for quite a while. Largely because without seeing the contract we cant tell if there are any escape clauses or whether the exclusivity talked about is permanent. I agree however that this shows that MGS4 is most likely NOT going to the 360.

The easiest way (that I can think of without vetting the agreement itself) for Konami will to wiggle out of this is to release a game that is essentially MGS4 on the 360, but not really. Remember the Integral and Substance re-releases?

Of course, this may be prohibited, but I'd find it hard to believe that Konami did allow themselves any room to maneuver at all.

I think that's why John Lucas is lying low lately, to see how this pans out (and to avoid serving up some crow?)...

I personally still think it is possible that the 360 gets its MGS4 sometime in the future, but John Lucas was adamant that it would be flat-out cancelled for the PS3 which by now should be pretty obvious is not the case.

However, I wouldn't just yet dismiss the possibility of it appearing on the 360, say, six months to one year after the PS3 version is released - not until the contractual obilgations and clauses are revealed/leaked, if ever.

Around the Network

Proud to be on your sig where you have a third party to third party comparison justaposed to a third party to first party comparison, and then my comparison of something rather cheap to produce versus something rather expensive to produce (and I would love it if the Wii had something similar to the Cell, btw).  Thanks =)

Anyway, I do hope johnlucas eats all of his crow next month.  The Wii is not catching the 360 this month, either. 

windbane said:

Anyway, I do hope johnlucas eats all of his crow next month.  The Wii is not catching the 360 this month, either. 

True. I'm starting to think that my own prediction is going to be off as well, but in a different direction.

maybe they should just post the dang contract, then we could argue over all new stuff. =)

windbane said:

Proud to be on your sig where you have a third party to third party comparison justaposed to a third party to first party comparison, and then my comparison of something rather cheap to produce versus something rather expensive to produce (and I would love it if the Wii had something similar to the Cell, btw). Thanks =)

Anyway, I do hope johnlucas eats all of his crow next month. The Wii is not catching the 360 this month, either.

Yeah, I found both exchanges funny - the technicalities are irrelevant to me - the exchange was funny. But you're welcome.

I also bet you would love it if anything Sony had something similar to the Wii remote. Oh wait - it's called the Sixaxis! And look how PS3 sales are doing with both features included in the package!

THERE IS A PS3 CONTROLLER IN THE GAME. You might have noticed it you watched the recent gameplay video.

It'll stay exclusive.