By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigProblems

GodofWine said:
I was surprised the creation part of the game depended on the servers being up, I figured that was all done locally until you wanted to upload it...seems like that would make sense and take stress off the serve

It shouldn't require being online just to make a level.

Around the Network

this is a good thing in my opinion, well the server thing is anyway. shows they underestimated demand.

A quick summary:

Point 1: *sound of giant baby crying*! I get angry when people steal my stuff that I don't lock or secure in any way. Little Big Planet is surely the only place in the entire cosmos where content theft exists. If only Sony had the forethought to fix human nature before releasing LBP.

Point 2: I think it's dumb that some people want trophies they are having a hard time getting. The only way my hardcore elitism will stay intact is if the only way to get trophies is thousands, no, tens of thousands of hours of play!

Point 3: They gave people a level editing tool, and now some of the levels are not completed/broken? This is unexpected! I know every video I see on youtube is a masterpiece.

Point 4: They artificially limited peoples access to really awesome content that they spent time advertising. How dare people actually want that content. It infuriates me!

Point 5: LAG! ON THE INTERNETS! WELL I NEVER! I know that WoW never has any lag ever, and despite that fact that the internet for LBP is a free service, we deserve the same, don't we?

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

I'm sure I'll get fixed soon.

Showertea said:
A quick summary:

Point 1: *sound of giant baby crying*! I get angry when people steal my stuff that I don't lock or secure in any way. Little Big Planet is surely the only place in the entire cosmos where content theft exists. If only Sony had the forethought to fix human nature before releasing LBP.

Point 2: I think it's dumb that some people want trophies they are having a hard time getting. The only way my hardcore elitism will stay intact is if the only way to get trophies is thousands, no, tens of thousands of hours of play!

Point 3: They gave people a level editing tool, and now some of the levels are not completed/broken? This is unexpected! I know every video I see on youtube is a masterpiece.

Point 4: They artificially limited peoples access to really awesome content that they spent time advertising. How dare people actually want that content. It infuriates me!

Point 5: LAG! ON THE INTERNETS! WELL I NEVER! I know that WoW never has any lag ever, and despite that fact that the internet for LBP is a free service, we deserve the same, don't we?

In a way though, some of those trophies sort of require user levels to get them.

Around the Network

This all sounds like sour milk to me, give LBP a little time for it's cheese to mature, for the cream to rise to the top.

Like youtube it's up to the community to rate down people who've stolen levels, or just rate people down for bad or unfinished levels. I say give this game a month or maybe two for lots of really high quality and polished content to get uploaded and recognised.

The servers going down happens alot, with many games. It's stress testing. Before selling a new car the company has to stress test it by smashing it up in order to see where they can improve it and how easily it breaks.

Even if LBP loses to GTA4 as game of the year, it'll still be my game of the year.

I could care less about the design and level issues, that's something you've got to expect. I do hate the servers right now though. I've managed to get online only twice since I've had it. And both times it was sooooo incredibly laggy that it was unplayable. Often times levels wouldn't even load, it would just sit there for 5 minutes or longer and then say it couldn't load the level.

Hopefully the server issues get fixed soon, the rest I don't care about.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

the same happened with socom but things are fixed now
expect these problems to be fixed in 2 weeks

Stealing level design??? Welcome to the internet and stop your crying. shit man how many version of Big Game Hunter you see in Starcraft??? or how many version of the same wc3 map around?? people will always find a way to hack your map and alternate it, love it or hate it this is the internet.

Incredible speed trophy? IIRC I got that without even noticing in in the first player mode. People needing a cheat for that are just ... I bet they haven't even got past the second level.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!