By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The "guess that movie" thread

That would have been my guess, but I have yet to see the movie:

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

I've seen your movie, akuma, but I only found out the title after I cheated. Hey, I'm only human.

A tip: Don't post pictures which contain the movie title in the file name.

Requiem For a Dream is great (and very sad), by the way.

Its pretty hard to find photos that don't have it. Just play by the honor system unless you have seen it and maybe just forgot the title.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Playing this game makes me realize that I have very limited knowledge of movies of the black and white era. The only black and white films I've seen are Schindler's list and Sin City :P

Signature goes here!

akuma587 said:
Its pretty hard to find photos that don't have it. Just play by the honor system unless you have seen it and maybe just forgot the title.

I just realized how hard it is. Sorry for having been dishonourable. :(

IMDB.com scrambles the name of pictures, so it should be easy to find some that suit this thread's needs

Around the Network

Okay, akuma, but I couldn't cheat on Strangers on a Train. I was sure after your Hitchcock hint. I love this movie.

I only recognize Angela Lansbury on the left of your last picture.

I was having a hard time getting a URL that would link just to the picture from IMBD.

You could have taken this one instead: http://www.timeout.com/img/42488/w513/image.jpg

And while we're waiting for someone to find out akuma's last one, people can guess this one:

It's been a long time, is that from Miller's Crossing?

Exactly, sir.