By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The "guess that movie" thread

Bump for new people who might want to take a shot at the last one

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network

No one will guess Wings of Desire/Der Himmel über Berlin from this picture, Chrono.

Here's (hopefully) an easier one:

North by Northwest I believe.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

@akuma587, i have that movie on bluray. Lol at the picture.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

okr said:

No one will guess Wings of Desire/Der Himmel über Berlin from this picture, Chrono.

Here's (hopefully) an easier one:

Pokemon 2000???

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

This one might be a bit easier(at least for ppl who've seen the movie)

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

- Rorschach

The 400 Blows. Great movie.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Kung-fu Hustle, right? Loved this,as well as shaolin soccer.

Now this is a pretty easy one,and one of my favorites

- Rorschach

Yeah, its Kung-Fu Hustle. There is a chance I have seen this one but I don't recognize it off hand. Samurai movies can be hard to tell apart from pictures, so I'll just take a guess and say Seven Samurai?

@akuma
Pretty darn close, and im almost sure youll get in your next guess

- Rorschach