By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SCE Australia Boss Gets Dizzy Spinning Lack Of Aussie Price Cut

All games consoles here in the pacific are ridiculous. In NZ the PS3 is $1200 for the 60GB model - eg. $970 US. The Wii $500 - approx $400 US and the X360 normal model $720 - about $600 US.

Sony has probably been singled out because their console is so ridiculously overpriced here - the other two are severely overpriced but the PS3 is literally twice the price as it is in the USA.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
everdom said:
Wii launched at $400 ($356 US), Xbox360 i cant really remember but i think $650 ($578 US), so we did get kinda screwed..

Which is precisely why I think this is unfair. Yes, the PS3 is way too high in Australia: so are the Wii and 360. Why single Sony out? A Nintendo executive would presumably splutter just as much explaining their 60% price hike over the US version.

You need to stop that! Couple times today I have been scrolling through a thread and get near the bottom and know exactly what I am going to post...then bam bodhesatva beats me to the punch (although I am pretty late to this one). 

Either way, I find myself once again agreeing with you completely. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

@ Bhodesatva (and Sqrl i spose)
i know it's unfair to single out ps3, but thats who the article was about :S, also since it holds the title of most expensive console of course its going to cop all the flak for being overpriced.