By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - a question about GH:WT's GHtune!

yes, I bought the GH:WT for PS3 just a few days ago.

and the main reason I did was because of the GH-store and it's potential to offer niche music tunes tha other people have created (Personally love japanese music [anime songs])... So it was a surprise to me when i went on it and saw nothing but junk occupying the "TOP rated" list in the online download store.

So here's my question:

Do they not let you create and upload songs that are copy-righted?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

They attempt to remove all copyrighted material.

Edit: See the interview below

---------------------------------------------------------------
1UP: Let me lay out a scenario for you. I get the game, and there's this awesome music creator, and I'm going to do the guitar track for "Stairway to Heaven." I'm going to make this. You know people are going to do that. And I make it, and I think it's awesome, and I play it, and I love it, and I'm like, "Other people are going to want to play this, so I'm going to upload it!" What happens when a guy like me wants to share his "Stairway to Heaven" guitar track with everyone else? Are you guys going to wait for someone to ask you take these things down? Or are you going to actively police that kind of thing?

BB: We'll be actively monitoring the site. And, obviously, if the copyright holder complains, Activision will pull it down immediately. We can't condone people putting up covers of music. It's really there for original content.

1UP: So you'll have to play copyright Whac-a-Mole? That's something you're expecting?

BB: Essentially, yeah.

1UP: What if there are things no one complains about? Would you look the other way?

AG: If there's a licensed song and someone holds the copyright to it, we'll take it down regardless of whether or not someone complains.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=2&cId=3170171&p=

Arcturus said:

is it confirmed anywhere? man, this really sucks. What's the point of removing copyrighted material when there is absolutely no alternative for it?

This is where RIAA fails a. I would pay for music, if it let me, or else just let me have it.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:
Arcturus said:

is it confirmed anywhere? man, this really sucks. What's the point of removing copyrighted material when there is absolutely no alternative for it?

This is where RIAA fails a. I would pay for music, if it let me, or else just let me have it.

See the interview with the director of Guitar Hero that I posted.

Arcturus said:
kingofwale said:
Arcturus said:

See the interview with the director of Guitar Hero that I posted.

link please!

didn't they say they have no problem with the whole copy-righted issue since they think people would prefer master-track and pay money for it?

God this pisses me off.

selnor
Episode 2:
Around the Network

The RIAA likes to shoot itself in the foot. Really, user created content on GHTunes represents zero threat to song sales. In fact, the copies on GHTunes would sound nothing like the real thing and would probably increase sales of the real songs.

kingofwale said:

link please!

Look at my first post.