By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Aldi selling PS2 starting thursday

The german discouter Aldi has a PS2 +some games for it and accessories in his current ad and it will be for sales starting this thursday.

http://www.aldi-sued.de/de/html/offers/angebote_ab_do-30kw4408_technik.htm

will this have a bigger effect on PS2 sales for this week or is it too late for the PS2 to have a bigger effect?

Around the Network

no effect really the ps2 is soo cheap now makes no difference can aldi afford to sell ps2 lol

Ummm, it's too late. I don't really know how big it is in Germany or other European countries if it's there but it's fairly small in the US. There are a few where I live in Chicago. I don't even know if they will be carrying them in the US. Although I don't see this having a big effect at all. Most anybody who wanted one has gotten one by now. Nobody is going to go shopping in an Aldi and think "Hey, I want a PS2" Any sales increase that takes place will be because of the upcoming holiday season.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

in germany aldi is quite big, and when they are selling PCs or Notebooks these are usually sold out in 1-2 days.

http://www.aldifoods.com/us/html/offers/offers_11_02_2008_ENU_HTML.htm?WT.z_src=main

In the US, Aldi is going to push Wii-ss and DS-s.

It has a Wii bundle with three games (it says four -- but one is the pack in): Sonic and Secret Rings, M&M Racing, Looney Tunes Acme Arsenal (the last two are poor efforts) -- and a T-shirt for $299.99. There is a limit of one per customer.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Not only Germany, also in the netherlands.
And they have a decent reputation

Aldi is the big thing over here. If Aldi has the stuff, no matter whether it is really cheaper, it is perceived to be a good offer.

So people will buy it in droves.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

mike_intellivision said:
http://www.aldifoods.com/us/html/offers/offers_11_02_2008_ENU_HTML.htm?WT.z_src=main

It has a Wii bundle with three games (it says four -- but one is the pack in): Sonic and Secret Rings, M&M Racing, Looney Tunes Acme Arsenal (the last two are poor efforts) -- as a T-shirt for $299.99. There is a limit of one per customer.

Mike from Morgantown

300$ for a wii? what a ripoff!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
mike_intellivision said:

It has a Wii bundle with three games (it says four -- but one is the pack in): Sonic and Secret Rings, M&M Racing, Looney Tunes Acme Arsenal (the last two are poor efforts) -- and (CORRECTED by MJD) a T-shirt for $299.99. There is a limit of one per customer.

Mike from Morgantown

300$ for a wii? what a ripoff!

It is a Wii, 3 games (in addition to the pack in) and a T-shirt for $300. It starts Nov. 2.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

well... m&m's racing... still a ripoff :P

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive